more dse loss-leaders

For those of you who are interested, DSE has 256MB XD cards for $14.50 at the
moment. The DicRobot did not look happy selling me one this morning, apparently
it is well below cost ...

Re: more dse loss-leaders

Thanks,

I will visit my local DSE today. Was it advertised anywhere?

Thanks,
Rudolf

Re: more dse loss-leaders

On the web under 'hot' products.
You may need to prod them to look it up on the web, since they don't usually
have the products reduced on the floor.

Re: more dse loss-leaders

    I paid $39 for a 512MB XD card at DSE a couple of weeks ago. Not
quite as economical but still $10 cheaper than Strathfield Car Radio.

Re: more dse loss-leaders

   I bought two Fijifilm 1 GB XD cards for US $15 each a few weeks ago.

prove it.
Re: more dse loss-leaders

are they xd or sd?

I saw he had a special, buy 3 x sd(256Mb) for under $30 the lot yesterday.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: more dse loss-leaders

These are XD 256MB cards. Olympus brand.

Re: more dse loss-leaders

Is it fair to assume that the DSE stores do not have to in any way comply
with the prices stated on the web? I'm going to go down to the local store &
see if I can get those 3 SD cards for $29.98. I dont like my chances :(

James

Re: more dse loss-leaders

XD seems to have morphed into SD now....

geoff

Re: more dse loss-leaders

Two different deals, the SD one Don mentioned, not the OP, sorry for the
confusion. I am after SD not XD.

James

Re: more dse loss-leaders

No, I saw the SD offer advertised in-store.
The XD card offer is advertised on the web and is available in-store.

Re: more dse loss-leaders

They have two separate pricing arrangements - web order prices and store prices.
Web-only lines/prices are designated by the suffix "W" after the cat#, so if you
find a price on the web and the item isn't web-only, there shouldn't be a W.
Similarly, there should also show a store availability list if not a W/web-only
line.

It looks like kits that they are retaining are going to be web-only.

Site Timeline