more dse loss-leaders

For those of you who are interested, DSE has 256MB XD cards for $14.50 at the moment. The DicRobot did not look happy selling me one this morning, apparently it is well below cost ...

Reply to
swanny

Thanks,

I will visit my local DSE today. Was it advertised anywhere?

Thanks, Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

are they xd or sd?

I saw he had a special, buy 3 x sd(256Mb) for under $30 the lot yesterday.

Don...

-- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page:

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller. Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.

No More Damn Spam:

Don McKenzie

These are XD 256MB cards. Olympus brand.

Reply to
swanny

On the web under 'hot' products. You may need to prod them to look it up on the web, since they don't usually have the products reduced on the floor.

Reply to
swanny

I paid $39 for a 512MB XD card at DSE a couple of weeks ago. Not quite as economical but still $10 cheaper than Strathfield Car Radio.

Reply to
Bob Parker

XD seems to have morphed into SD now....

geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Is it fair to assume that the DSE stores do not have to in any way comply with the prices stated on the web? I'm going to go down to the local store & see if I can get those 3 SD cards for $29.98. I dont like my chances :(

James

Reply to
James

Two different deals, the SD one Don mentioned, not the OP, sorry for the confusion. I am after SD not XD.

James

Reply to
James

No, I saw the SD offer advertised in-store. The XD card offer is advertised on the web and is available in-store.

Reply to
swanny

They have two separate pricing arrangements - web order prices and store prices. Web-only lines/prices are designated by the suffix "W" after the cat#, so if you find a price on the web and the item isn't web-only, there shouldn't be a W. Similarly, there should also show a store availability list if not a W/web-only line.

It looks like kits that they are retaining are going to be web-only.

Reply to
quandong nut

I bought two Fijifilm 1 GB XD cards for US $15 each a few weeks ago.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida