monitor help please

I'm hoping someone could help me with some info for a Proline 7G1r monitor.
Seems to be no go - fuse checks out OK and power seems to be getting into
the power supply OK (main filter cap charges fine), and there seems to be a
very soft "tic-tic-tic" coming from relay RY901 (or nearby).  monitor was
working fine then just stopped powering up.

Would anyone have a circuit diagram they could email me, and maybe some
hints what may be the problem? I don't usually work on TV's and monitors but
I do have electronics training and experience so any helpful hints would be
greatly appreciated. You can email me direct to nathjohn2000 AT yahoo.com.au

Thanks

Nathan

Re: monitor help please

That tick-tick-tick is the SMPS cycling due to (usually) an excess load/short on
one of the output rails.  Most common cause:  shorted HOT.   Pull the transistor
and check it.

Re: monitor help please

had this prob with a NEC tv a small eletro cap
in the power supply.
its also pos that a cap maybe the fault, look
around any hot spots were these caps are, hot
spots will dry them out.

monitor.
but
be
yahoo.com.au

Re: monitor help please

I would suspect the problem horizontal area.
Beware of high voltages inside. Even when monitor is off, capacitors do hold
charge.

Rudolf

Re: monitor help please

Thanks for the advice guys, I will look at the HOT and was going to replace
the electrolytics in the PS anyway as a preventative measure..

I'd still like to get hold of a schematic if anyone has one..

This monitor has the main power switch on the back with a "soft on/off"
switch on the front panel (I presume that's what relay RY901 does??) - the
"tic tic tic" sounds starts as soon as you switch on the main switch without
needing to push the front mounted button, so does this still sound like
possible HOT??

Thanks again everyone, and yes I'm aware of the dangerously high voltages
inside these things and the necessary precautions, I just don't have very
much experience with TV/Monitors and the like.

Re: monitor help please

Just to thank everyone who helped. I have been sent a copy of the schematic
so thank you indeed to those that assisted me in some way.

Very much appreciated.