Modern business are braindead

I have been asking the networks nerds for half a dozen hubs for months
now and cant get them. Today a collegue walks in with a large box with
5 16port D-Link switches. He then hands me one and goes on to tell me
how the network dudes are throwing out cartons of these switches. They
are still wrapped in plastic. I saw about 15 cartons get trashed,
after i had grabbed a few. Apparently there was a problem where if one
port was hammered, the other ports stopped responding.........

If i had been quick enough there would be 15 cartons of D-Link
switches on Ebay now that would help fund a very nice party for a few
of my collegues...The things you see.

Re: Modern business are braindead

Where's the problem? They can't afford to have that sort of product in
service (what's the model, BTW). Of course they could have offered some to
you (I assume you wanted them for personal use....?). Oh okay, they could
have used minimal effort to offload them, but depending on the number they
may well have figured it wasn't worth the effort.

Cheers.

Ken

Re: Modern business are braindead

The problem is not in the switch.

I got a few personal ones, but a lot more for test systems!

There was enough to justify selling on ebay for more beer at the
christmas party! TO be honest though, a 10% restocking fee from the
seller is not much.

Re: Modern business are braindead

Every D-Link product I've used was thoroughly deserving
of a preeminent place in the trash.

Site Timeline