Mobile phone with a very different look.

http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart30%2426&cat=1&itemid41%6&

:-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart30%2426&cat=1&itemid41%6&

The more things change.......................:))))))))

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

I've had thoughts of doing this myself, but I couldn't find gsm modules
for a decent price. Though about hacking up my old 3310 for this purpose
but I couldn't bring myself to hack up a working phone. :)

--

Wing Wong.

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

You want a non-working 3310? =)

-mark

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

You could say that. I suppose since I've got a few friends in the mobile
phone repair industry, might try to sponge a working mainboard and antenna
off them. I don't need working screens, speakers or mics.

Retro fitting old rotary phones could be an interesting project.
--

Wing Wong.

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

Don't know about working mainboard, but I've got a waterdamaged one that is
missing the screen, mic, vib motor, pretty much everything if you want it.
if you're close, free. if not, $2 for a postpak :)

nukeleer at internode dot on dot net

-mark

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

I reckon there could be a market for it..

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

On the other hand Voxon in Brisbane has been manufacturing mains
powered, modern desktop GSM phones for China and some other Asian
countries - it seems GSM is cheaper than rolling out copper wires in
areas without existing phone service.

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart30%2426&cat=1&itemid41%6&

It's cheaper to roll out mobile phones here too. In fact, at a former work,
as part of their comms systems, their phone system had 4 GSM engines
connected to the internal phone network. If an internal caller was calling a
mobile, the system would divert the call to the GSM engine rather than using
a land line to dial out, because it was cheaper than using the land line.

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

finger to keyboard and composed:

Does it come with a belt clip?

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Mobile phone with a very different look.

No but you should see the size of the Battery....:>
Allan

Site Timeline