Mobile phone with a very different look.

:-)

Don...

-- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page:

RS-232 to VGA. Many resolutions

USB to RS232 Converter that works

Don McKenzie

The more things change.......................:))))))))

Reply to
Jim

I've had thoughts of doing this myself, but I couldn't find gsm modules for a decent price. Though about hacking up my old 3310 for this purpose but I couldn't bring myself to hack up a working phone. :)

--

Wing Wong.
Reply to

You want a non-working 3310? =)

-mark

Reply to
jb

On the other hand Voxon in Brisbane has been manufacturing mains powered, modern desktop GSM phones for China and some other Asian countries - it seems GSM is cheaper than rolling out copper wires in areas without existing phone service.

Reply to
Tom

You could say that. I suppose since I've got a few friends in the mobile phone repair industry, might try to sponge a working mainboard and antenna off them. I don't need working screens, speakers or mics.

Retro fitting old rotary phones could be an interesting project.

--

Wing Wong.
Reply to

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:09:11 +1000, Don McKenzie put finger to keyboard and composed:

Does it come with a belt clip?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Don't know about working mainboard, but I've got a waterdamaged one that is missing the screen, mic, vib motor, pretty much everything if you want it. if you're close, free. if not, $2 for a postpak :)

nukeleer at internode dot on dot net

-mark

Reply to
jb

I reckon there could be a market for it..

Reply to
Allan

No but you should see the size of the Battery....:>

Allan

Reply to
Allan

It's cheaper to roll out mobile phones here too. In fact, at a former work, as part of their comms systems, their phone system had 4 GSM engines connected to the internal phone network. If an internal caller was calling a mobile, the system would divert the call to the GSM engine rather than using a land line to dial out, because it was cheaper than using the land line.

Reply to
Heywood Jablome