mobile phone battery

My Nokia mobile phone only charges to 1 bar even when having been charged
for several hours.

What does this indicate?  Is the battery simply dead?  What could have
caused this?

Re: mobile phone battery

New battery needed.

Re: mobile phone battery

I could be the battery, the charger or the phone (but probably the battery).

Do you have access to another Nokia charger to eliminate that as the cause?

Do you have access to similar Nokia phone/battery to eliminate those as
the cause?

Re: mobile phone battery

What is the phone model?

Re: mobile phone battery

Phone batteries have a finite lifetime.

Re: mobile phone battery

Goodplace to check for a new Nokia one is "Big W"
--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Re: mobile phone battery

MUCH cheaper on the net.

That's one thing I have always loved about Nokias,
they use very few battery designs, so they are always
readily available and dirt cheap.

Re: mobile phone battery

$2 to $5 for my htc diamond and lasted just as long as original.
The nokias were a little bit dearer but a fraction of what they cost at
the phone shop.

Re: mobile phone battery

$2 for the N95.

I never did have any of the Nokia batterys die, and I kept each one for
years too.

Yeah, so cheap from the net that the price is academic.

Re: mobile phone battery

a lot of the generic ones you get on eBay are crap tho

rgds,

Pete
Re: mobile phone battery

Haven't had any problem with any I have got.

And that includes a double capacity battery for the laptop too.

Re: mobile phone battery

My missus needs a new battery for her Toshiba laptop. Last one I
bought from ebay lasted 6 months. Have you a link for the vendor
you have successfully used please?

Re: mobile phone battery

Fraid not, that one is in an email on a machine whose hard drive
fell on its face and I havent got around to recovering the old emails
off that machine.

That was a few years ago now that I bought it. I have found that
with stuff I try to buy again a few years later, that earlier supplier
I was happy with is long gone. Just discovered that with cheap
glasses from china.

Re: mobile phone battery

Office in Chatswood,glasses from China.
http://omnioptics.com.au/

Re: mobile phone battery

I ended up with these
https://www.zennioptical.com/#?nav_cat_id=2&q71%0511&navused=1
I particularly wanted the plastic nose bridge with metal
frame rather than the pair of plastic things on little stalks.

The tracking says it should show up today.

Re: mobile phone battery
On Thu, 23 May 2013 13:19:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"

http://www.ausspecs.com.au/
They do both and so far good quality
I suspect your "optometrist" gets them from same place at 100 times
the cost
Canceled my payment to my private fund for specs and save $400 a year
The specs I have from Ausspecs reading I bought must be 3 years ago
They are tough
--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Re: mobile phone battery

That's considerably more expensive than
http://omnioptics.com.au/cheap-glasses/

I doubt it, the frames are quite different.

I never had that and don't have health insurance either.

I know that the last chinese lot I got was a little more than that ago
because I know I got them just after the last eye test and that was
just more than 3 years ago.

I'm not hard on glasses. I kept relensing the OPSMs
that I used to get before I changed over to the dirt
cheap chinese glasses and those must have lasted
at least 35 years fine. Metal frame tho.

Still have them, cant get the nose bridges for them anymore.

Re: mobile phone battery

You just have to work for the right people, my employer pays my health
fund and they pay for my specs, proper ones, not el cheapo Chinese ones.

Re: mobile phone battery

I [aiad over $500 for specs from here
http://www.eyecareplus.com.au/campbelltown/index.htm
I had to wait over a week to get them
After a week a lens fell out they charged me $50 to replace it
CRAP I deduced
Thats when I tried Ausspecs and the whole set cost me $40
Delivered in a week to my letter box (from Hong Kong)
--
Petzl
In Australia Christianity is important not because of the power it wields, but

Pity its such shit 'work'

Not interested in that shit 'work' just to get stupid
ripoff glasses which don't work anything like as well
as the chinese ones. Mate of mine was stupid enough
to end up paying most of a $1K by the time they
actually ended up with something useable and
they were steaming turds compared with mine.

Site Timeline