Misbehaving door chime. - Page 2

Re: Misbehaving door chime.

  It doesn't even need to do that.  Akin to two radio stations transmitting at
the same time on the same channel, you don't get a good signal of either.

  Exactly *how* they interfere with each other can vary, but the bottom line
is, one 'unwanted' transmission can corrupt a wanted transmission enough to
stop it from working.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: Misbehaving door chime.

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMiprimus.com.au said...

Looked up SeF1%or Ding-Dong in the Yellow Pages?

Re: Misbehaving door chime.

I am sure this is not your problem but when I had Foxtel installed at my
home the techo wired the foxtel box to the door chime cable instead of the
telephone line!!!

Original installer couldn't find the problem so they had to send another
techo.

JERD

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMiprimus.com.au said...

Looked up Seņor Ding-Dong in the Yellow Pages?

Re: Misbehaving door chime.

jedunk@Take_Outbigpond.net.au said...

LOL... but I'm not all that surprised to be honest.

I've seen several Austar/Foxtel installations that can only be described20%
as abysmal.