mini PCI express (for eeePC) connector

I was looking at getting
http://au.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku13%55713
does anyone know of alternate sources?  Also I am in Perth area, does anyone
want to
share postage cost for a Farnell order?

    cya,    Andrew...

Re: mini PCI express (for eeePC) connector
http://au.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku13%55713
want to

did you get one of the "B serial numbered 4g's" Andrew?
The one without the connector soldered in?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: mini PCI express (for eeePC) connector

Serial number rubbed off way too quick, will have to check he bo one day, but
yeah,
no connector :(  brilliant little machine but it needs a few add ons, got 2G of
ram
in it now, touch screen and all day battery next and a big SSD would be nice,
hence
hunting down a connector.

Not having serial or parallel I am going to have to get into developing with USB
based micros, whats the favourites in use now?  I am a few years out of touch...

    cya,    Andrew...

Re: mini PCI express (for eeePC) connector

yeah,
of ram
hence

yes, it will be a "B" serial number then.
Big SSD's have dropped enough in price have they?

I have a 4G I wish to make into an 8G (well it will be a 12G), but I
noticed a JB HiFi catalogue in yesterdays paper that has 8g's selling
for $338AUD, so it looks like the 4G may end up as spares, or a
dedicated controller.

USB
touch...

Atmel's and ARM's have gained a lot of ground in recent years.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/hardware-c358.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/hardware-c306.html

I will have some interesting Arduino boards, and suitable USB interfaces
coming in about a week, that will work with Linux, MACs and windows.
see: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id87%83
for a rundown.

Cheers Don...

--