Microwave oven power.

Greetings group. On Sharp microwave ovens they give 2 output power values.

e.g. IEC 900W and AS 750W

Which value should I use when I look for a replacement magnetron in the WES catalog?

At the moment, I need a replacement for 2M167B in model R-4H54.

The magnetron I am considering is AM723 1000W.

Thanks in advance, Russell.

Reply to
rg26ce1991

They're completely different mechanically, at the very least. Why not just use the replacement part? It's equally easily available.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Thanks for the reply Ken.

But I will have to disagree about being completely different mechanically.

All the dimensions of AM723 in the WES catalog are a perfect match with the 2M167B I have here.

The cost of a genuine 2M167B from Speedy Spares is $119.74. The cost of AM723 is $63.75.

Russell Griffiths.

Reply to
rg26ce1991

Maybe it was an orientation thing, but they looked different on my drawings.

Dollars talk. :-)

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to