Microwave oven power.

Greetings group.
On Sharp microwave ovens they give 2 output power values.

e.g. IEC 900W      and     AS 750W

Which value should I use when I look for a replacement magnetron in the
WES catalog?

At the moment, I need a replacement for 2M167B in model R-4H54.

The magnetron I am considering is AM723 1000W.

Thanks in advance,
Russell.

Re: Microwave oven power.

They're completely different mechanically, at the very least. Why not just
use the replacement part? It's equally easily available.

Ken

Re: Microwave oven power.

Thanks for the reply Ken.

But I will have to disagree about being completely different
mechanically.

All the dimensions of AM723 in the WES catalog are a perfect match with
the 2M167B I have here.

The cost of a genuine 2M167B from Speedy Spares is $119.74.
The cost of AM723 is $63.75.

Russell Griffiths.

Re: Microwave oven power.

Maybe it was an orientation thing, but they looked different on my drawings.

Dollars talk. :-)

Cheers.

Ken

Site Timeline