Microwave oven capacitor source?

The capacitor assembly (with integral rectifier diode and bleeder R) in
our aging microwave oven has given up. The oven is a Sanyo EM-1612 -
Sanyo's response is 'parts no longer available'.

The cap etc. looks like a pretty standard sort of item to me, just a .85
ufd/2400 VAC cap with an integral diode and resistor. Anyone here know
if there's a source of 'aftermarket' bits for microwaves around? The
though of having to lash out for a new microwave oven just because I
can't get some small part is ++galling.

John Mackesy

Re: Microwave oven capacitor source?

WES components have them, from memory: 02 9797 9866

Re: Microwave oven capacitor source?

"John Mackesy"

**  WES sell a range of "microwave" caps, including 0.85 uF, 2.5kV one  -
MWC603  for $  20.50.

There is no diode included, but there is the usual resistor.

Isn't the diode in parallel with the cap called a "protection diode" ?

........  Phil

Re: Microwave oven capacitor source?

Phil,

It's *the* rectifier diode, only diode in the power circuit. The circuit
design is absolutely bog-standard microwave oven; it's just that the
bleeder R and diode are integral with the cap. If all the hard waste
around here hadn't been collected a coupla days before the thing
croaked, I would have wandered around and scavenged enough bits to make
it go.

Rgds,

John

Re: Microwave oven capacitor source?

"John Mackesy"

** Then YOU can add the diode externally !

  WES sell rectifier and protection diodes for microwave ovens.

........   Phil

Re: Microwave oven capacitor source?

Right, Phil, that was my Plan B and I will be doing just that. I had a
bit of a look (at Her Ladyship's behest) at microwave ovens, cheap
enough at $89.00(!) but I like the one we've got.

Rgds,

John

Re: Microwave oven capacitor source?

Morning all,
I've got an quite old National"Dimension 3","The Genius" Oven.
Never had the back of it.  Still works a charm. I loath the day I'm
gonna have to start finding parts for it!

Only thing wrong with the old girl is the oven light is out. But that's no
biggy.

Regards,
Mitchell...

Re: Microwave oven capacitor source?

@possum.melbpc.org.au:

 Last time my washing machine crapped itself, I did exactly
that. Walked the streets, found literally dozens of dead
fridges, plenty of dryers. Had to wait about three weeks
before a washing machine came into though 'stock' :-)

GB
--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)

Site Timeline