Microwave motor runs backwards.

I recently replaced the carousel motor in a customers microwave/
convection oven.
The new motor I installed would sometimes run clockwise and sometimes
it would run anticlockwise.

I returned the motor and was sent a replacement.
The replacement motor does the same thing.

Has anyone seen this happen before, I am not aware of anything outside
of the motor
that could cause this to happen.

Thanks,
Russell.

Re: Microwave motor runs backwards.

"Griff"

 **  ROTFLMAO  !!

That is how it is MEANT to work.

 You  DOPE  !!!!

......   Phil

Re: Microwave motor runs backwards.

You're a month early, aren't you? :)

Re: Microwave motor runs backwards.
dude, nothing wrong with the unit. sharp nukes use a type of ac motor
that couldn't care less which way it is going.

this is common of older and cheaper ac motors

the idea is that the direction is determined at startup and it continue
in that direction. if you hold the motor it will try to go the other
way. as far as the dinner is concerned its getting the same nukeing
either way and couldnt care less cause its goose is cooked either way.
the only thing you should be worried about is that it spins at all.

old ac powered can openers also randomly started either way. and to
force one way you'd trigger it until it went the way you wanted (only
mattered if the blade was dull in one direction)

i have exclusively owned sharp nukes since i was a kid (technically i
didnt own it then but you get the point), and they always randomly
started in which ever direction they wanted. at least 6 units i can
recall anyway.

its due to the A in AC. the guy you rang should have known this.

Site Timeline