Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn - Page 2

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

Sorry, I should take life more seriously.

http://www.overclockers.com.au/pic.php?pic=images/newspics/15apr11/10.jpg

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

Thats not how you do gunboat diplomacy, silly.

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

Why?? It's not permanent.

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

They have already.

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

It's kinda funny 'cause....

People use Skype because they 'ates Microshit, so now...

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn
whats actually got me beat , is  how will microsoft  make a profit ? from
skype ? isnt it  free software ?

microsoft wouldnt pay that much for skype anyways , they just inflated the
price for a tax dodge,.........................

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

skype ?

For the charges for the use of some services, most obviously with skype-out
calls to normal phone lines.

Yes, but not all the services are free.

Corse they did.

Try telling that to the operation they bought it from.

Dont be too surprised when they just laugh in your face.

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn
mmm did a bit of reasearch,  skype  been makin losses.. so who  would buy a
company that been makin losses ?
skypes last year profit 860 million , and dropping..

Most people use Skype's free calling services, which has made it difficult
for the service to make money since entrepreneurs Niklas Zennstrom and Janus
Friis started the company in 2003. An average of about 8.8 million customers
per month, or  JUST OVER 1 percent of the user base, pay to use Skype
services.

looks like they be laughing in  YOUR FACE.

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

company that been makin losses ?

Someone who doesnt want their main competition to get it.

They actually made a loss last year.

Irrelevant to who uses the services that arent free like skype-out

Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis started

Someone has just made $8B out of it.

the user base, pay to use Skype

That last is what matters profit wise.

Then you need go get new glasses, BAD.

skype ?

calls to normal phone lines.

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

well..profite isnt where you think it is...
they didnt buy SKYPE system...they bought USERS of Skype...

"think out of the box"

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

http://www.overclockers.com.au/pic.php?pic=images/newspics/skypenet.jpg

Cheers Don...

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

isnt "skynet" name of some company from movie, with story where they will
produce some shit that will overtake control over itself and will destroy
entire civilization...something like Terminator?!? :))

Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

spot on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_%28Terminator%29

yes that must be Micro$oft
:-)

Cheers Don...

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Microsoft buys Skype for $US8.5bn

OMFG...i was right...
so that means this is the beginning of the end of the world...

TRIVIA:
"In the first movie, Skynet is described as being a revolutionary artificial
intelligence system built by....>>>Microsoft<<<...Skynet "saw all humans as
a threat; not just the ones on the other side," and "decided our fate in a
microsecond: extermination." Skynet began a nuclear war which destroyed most
of the human population, and initiated a program of genocide against the
survivors."

hahahaha :)))))))

Site Timeline