Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software - Page 3

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software

perhaps they want to make a decent C compiler C freely avaialble for PIC.

that could potentially sell more parts...

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software

Do you have any reference, that Hi-Tech doesn't support competing
processors? It sounds like a natural consequence, but I didn't found it in
your links.

Would be bad, because then the free version of the Cypress PSoC C compiler
would be not available any more.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
http://www.frank-buss.de , http://www.it4-systems.de

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software

Yes, the letter in the link above says:

"In order to provide the best possible products for Microchip
microcontrollers and
digital signal controllers, we will focus our energies exclusively on
Microchip-
related products.  Of course, support agreements for other products will be
honored for the duration of those agreements. "

Dave.

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software

Go to their web site and try to buy one....
--

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software

I sure like the philosophy of the SPCC, but it sure didn't seem to take
off.

All of the available compilers for the PIC line drive me up the wall with
their non-ANSI-ness.  I'm too pedantic, I guess.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software
snipped-for-privacy@seemywebsite.com says...
Me too.
I have become a real believer in the preprocessor.
I like to hide as much of the strangeness as possible.
That and the use of int8, int16, and int32 and so on instead of char,
int, and long that might not have lengths you expect.

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software

Well, they are already looking for new staff in Australia:
http://www.seek.com.au/showjob.asp?jobid15%032025

I'll put my money on Clyde getting an offer he couldn't refuse. :-)

You get to a certain age, where your get up and go, has gone and went.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Microchip buys Hi-Tech Software

I guess they need new staff after getting rid of some recently.

Tom

Site Timeline