Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

This might be one of those cases where turning on the light may trip the breaker due to inrush current.

Reply to
kreed

"kreed"

** Using my Xmas pressy DSO to good effect, I measured the inrush surge of a 22 watt CLF the other day.

When switched near to a voltage peak, I max was a cool 33 amps.

The current pulse had an overall duration of 120uS.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

BRILLIANT !! The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not symmetrical.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris

I think I'd want to run that on a 3 phase supply.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

"Stupider than Anyone Else Alive "

** WTF for - you imbecile ??

Its less than 150 watts of load.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Have you no sense of humour, Phil?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Obviously doing it for better colour balance judging by the different phosphor types.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

well , it wouldnt be a problem for you would it phil , since your bypassed th e electric meter in ya fuse box....

Reply to
mark krawczuk