Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

http://byaki.net/uploads/posts/2009-12/1261688729_fixed_14.jpg

This might be one of those cases where turning on the light may trip
the breaker due to inrush current.

Re: Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

"kreed"

** Using my Xmas pressy  DSO to good effect, I measured the inrush surge of
a 22 watt CLF the other day.

 When switched near to a voltage peak, I max was a cool 33 amps.

 The current pulse had an overall duration of 120uS.

......  Phil

Re: Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

BRILLIANT !!  The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not
symmetrical.

Mark

Re: Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

I think I'd want to run that on a 3 phase supply.

Sylvia.

Re: Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

"Stupider than Anyone Else Alive "

** WTF  for  -  you imbecile  ??

 Its less than 150 watts of load.

....  Phil

Re: Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

Have you no sense of humour, Phil?

Sylvia.

Re: Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

well ,  it wouldnt be a problem for you would it phil , since your bypassed
th e electric meter in ya fuse box....

Re: Method of rectifying insufficient brightness from a CFL.

Obviously doing it for better colour balance judging by the different
phosphor types.

Site Timeline