Memory for HP printer

I recently found a service manual for my HP LJ 6L printer, and found
it has a socket for a memory expansion, under a little cover low on
the left-hand side. I'm assuming that HP will charge like a wounded
bull for the upgrade, but perhaps someone here knows of another source?

It'd be nice for the kids to be able to print 600DPI graphics. It works
at 300DPI (only 1MB needed), but carks on 600 DPI (needs 4MB).

Clifford Heath.

Re: Memory for HP printer

Unfortunately, the 6L uses a special memory card and not a generic
SIMM/DIMM.  These memory cards are very hard to find.  You best bet is to
keep a watch on ebay.

Cheers,

Rab

Re: Memory for HP printer

Hi Clifford.

I have an 8MB card for a HP 5L that was removed when the printer was junked
a few years ago , the 6L takes the same card.

If you are interested the contact me.

Gary
garyl at austarmetro dot com dot au

Re: Memory for HP printer

Gary, I mailed you privately but haven't seen a response.
Did you receive it?

Clifford Heath, cjh at managesoft (that's COMmercial :-).

Site Timeline