Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera

Picked up a Mcam100 camera from Jaycar out of a bargain bin without cables
and software.
Has anyone the installation / driver software CD for it and be able to
supply me with a copy?

Will

Re: Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera

http://www.mcam4u.com/ ?????

Re: Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera
Yes I tried them before but it won't download when clicking on the link.
I will sent an email to mcam4u to see what the problem is.
Thanks Den.

Re: Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera

Bugger!

Re: Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera
Success !! I found a German site with the required software.
http://www.motionwebcam.com/Support.html
Downloaded it and the camera is working.
Now I have to solve the problem of finding or making a serial cable with a
RS232 on one end and a 4P4C modular plug (same as on a hand set of a
telephone) has only 4 wires also wrongly called an RJ9, RJ10 and RJ22.
Plug looks like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RJ10
Any one knows how to wire it up? (only 4 wires!) but the RS232 has 9 :-(
and that enables to move the camera about.
Thanks for your interest
Will.

Re: Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera

  RJ9, RJ10 and RJ22 and all other RJ numbers are Telco applications
that use the modular connectors.  You should have seen the headaches
when the RJ31X was first introduced for security systems.  Even with
detailed drawings  and installation instructions, the phone company
messed up every install, for years.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera

Engdahl's site might have something here:

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/lan/rs232_rj45.html

Then again whoever designed it might have just said - "I'll wire them this
way!"

Site Timeline