Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

now has:
pForth compiler
Xitami webserver

Thread at:
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID39%25&PN=1

Cheers Don...

New MMBasic Computer http://www.TheMaximiteComputer.com

=================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Man, on what planet do you think you're living, where _spamming_ people
on a daily basis will do you any good?

Shut the frack up!

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD
daily basis will do you any good?

Sorry, I didn't realize that a story about a man who spent the last 12 months of
his life porting BSD Unix to a
Microchip PIC32 Microcontroller, for an open source project, and releasing it in
the last couple of days, wasn't a
newsworthy item.

http://developer.mips.com/2011/08/06/about-retrobsd-a-port-of-bsd-unix-to-a-microchip-pic32-microcontroller /

I'll severely reprimand myself, and leave you to read nothing more newsworthy in
this group.

Cheers Don...

==============================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

daily basis will do you any good?
of his life porting BSD Unix to a
in the last couple of days, wasn't a
in this group.
This newsgroup is for reporting electronics news/spamming/self
promotion, is it?

Why don't you post URLs that have no connection to you in some way?

'Cheers'.

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

http://developer.mips.com/2011/08/06/about-retrobsd-a-port-of-bsd-unix-to-a-microchip-pic32-microcontroller /
Absolutely.
Your posts are out of place in aus.electronics. Your grammar is correct,
your spelling is correct, your posts are newsworthy and computer-related and
betray a whiff of knowledge and experience.
Might I suggest that you ease yourself gently into the mainstream by saying
"fuck" in every second sentence.

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

  You've just neglected to weave in a story about Paris Hilton's latest
exploits and/or exposures into your post.

  And so you should!  Not one word about Paris, what's the world coming to?
  Shocking, just shocking.
--
Three can keep a secret, if two are dead.

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Except there was no story to be seen here.

Here, in this newsgroup, there was a sequence of new threads being
started every day, consisting of basically nothing but buzzwords outside
any context, and links to where you say the actual story was taking
place, and to your own web site.

That's no discussion, and no story.  That's spam advertising web sites.

If you had wanted to tell a story, you could have kept it in _one_
thread.  Or you could have announced it once, and been done with it.  Or
you could have actually _told_ the story here.

http://developer.mips.com/2011/08/06/about-retrobsd-a-port-of-bsd-unix-to-a-microchip-pic32-microcontroller /

So even in trying to defend yourself you can't refrain from placing the
same spam.

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Don was on this (Australian) group long before you even knew it.
Everybody knows him and his business and also knows that he is a fine bloke.
So please go and abuse someone on some German group, which you might be
more familiar with, if you really have to.

Tony

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Interesting that you would believe you know what I know without even
knowing me.

And no, "this" is not an Australian group.  man crossposting.

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD
On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:23:01 +0200, Hans-Bernhard Br÷ker

Evidently it's important to TonyS that you're German and not
'Australian'. God knows why...

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Well me thinks I know that you post mostly in aus.cars and are in
Tasmania, right?

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Didn't notice the cross posting.
If you'd have known Don you wouldn't have abused him.

OK, get over it, und besuchen sie uns bald wieder:)

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

me.

Were you annoyed when t-online suddenly axed the news server ?
I complained and asked for a refund since they had arbitrarily reduced the
service,
but (as usual) I got no response from the brain-dead morons.

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Oh well, that makes him exempt from usual Usenet convention. Case
closed!

Bullshit.

To what purpose?

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD
Hans (on dick maybe), I assume you are some sort of spammer who
appears
to have nothing better to achieve in life than to annoy others.

You have annoyed me enough to think that you might be somehow
mentally 'challenged' to post such a dumb comment, although you may
not know of
Don's great contributions to electronics and the very interesting
links he likes to share.
I, for one really appreciate Don's links, and the only thing I reasons
I can think
of for your message is that...

1. You are mentally 'challenged' in some way.
2. You are a newsgroup troll who likes to put down people just for the
fun of it.
3. You have some gripe with Don about something you purchased from
him.

Any other reason I'll leave to you to elaborate on, but in the
meantime I'd
like to suggest that you fuck off and stop annoying people, and please
try
to do something constructive with your life.

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Like, for example, he didn't think of it himself :-).

As a long term anorak, who currently has Ultrix 3.1 running on a Qbus 11/53
in BA23 box, I found the link very interesting. It must have taken
considerable effort to
get working and if the guy can make a few bucks to encourage further
work, the best of luck
to him.

There are quite few older oddball os's that look interesting for
embedded work. Doug Comer's xinu
shouldn't be too much trouble to port elsewhere and was also originally
written to run on PDP11,
with a vax host for software development. There are already ports to
8086 and 68k.

Life's too short to be miserable etc :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Re: Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Hear Hear !!