Is any one familiar with this product i.e. had success with it?
Is there another method or products out there that I might be able to use?

--
Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Re: Making pcbs at home

Press-n-peel PCB transfer film,
various suppliers including Jaycar
Bit finicky about which brand of inkjet you use

Re: Making pcbs at home

Inkjet? I've never used the stuff, but I thought a laser-printed image
was needed for use with Press-n-Peel.

I have had reasonable success over the years with positive-acting
photoresist. I have used  pre-coated boards like those made by
Kinsten, spray on coatings like Positiv 20 or PRP200, or even stuff
applied with a brush.

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Making pcbs at home

I tthought you needed to apply heat (iron on( the laser printed stuff.

Re: Making pcbs at home
OOPS again, It is a while since I used it, it needs dry toner based
copier,It does not like brother printers (they use higher setting temp
apparently)And you do use an iron.

Re: Making pcbs at home

Tried adjusting te amount of toner upwards for the print?

Re: Making pcbs at home

It worked on the hp copier I used But I remember reading warnings from
several places not to use a brother. You can use some laser faxes I
gather.(not brother)

Re: Making pcbs at home

At a price of about $1.00 per sq in, and a setup charge of $10.00, I
would never bother to make PCBs at home again.

See http://batchpcb.com/index.php/Products

Re: Making pcbs at home
On 2011-01-30, Tigers1

The general consensus is that press-n-peel is the best brand of
iron-on PCB etch-resist (and you have already found them at
www.techniks.com).

You must get the board shiny-clean, grease-free, and dry before
applying the press-n-peel, also you need to use the correct iron
temperature.

pre-heating the board in an oven can help too.

-
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: Making pcbs at home

Is this the blue press n peel that jaycar sells? If so, I did a lot of
testing with it and found it to be quite inconsistent. I then tried
toner transfer paper and had much better results.

Re: Making pcbs at home

It's good to know that it doesn't work for everyone. Performance must depend
to some extent on the toner used, and possibly environmental factors.
others have had success with kaolin coated newsprint (cheap glossy magazine
and advertising paper) and the backing paper from self-adhesive labels.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Site Timeline