Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

You probably wouldn't be able to do it without opening up the mobile and hooking up a circuit to the existing mobile keypad. I had to do this with my "car alarm dialer" i designed that rings my other mobile phone automatically if the car alarm tripped. I had to design a circuit to control some reed relays to simulate the key presses (the circuit controlled the mobile as if I was there pressing the buttons). The circuit would activate automatically as soon as power was applied to it via the car alarm's siren. Just thought I'd express my thoughts. Others might have better ideas of going about this.

Jason.

Reply to
Jason S

October and November 2004 Silicon Chip magazine had a project that did this sort of thing.

SMS

Reply to
Ralph

The Sony Ericsson range of mobiles can send SMS messages using.... wait for it.... . AT serial commands. So you could use a micro such as a picaxe to send a message on command.

Reply to
Heywood Jablome

A couple of places to start are:

Can even be hooked up to a GPS to locate phones co-ordinates.

Reply to
Peter K

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a mobile phone send a predeifined SMS on power up or modfy it so a contct closure will send an SMS

Reagrds Mark

Reply to
Mark & Denni

Kits to do that are available - $60 bucks or so DSE or Jaycar or Altronics

David

Mark & Denni wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

Hey David,

I had a flick through Jaycar and DSE's website. Can you please provide the CAT numbers or something? As I'm quite interested in this application as well.

Cheers, Jason.

Reply to
Jason S

Hi There

Have a look at DSE cat No, K7221 (p242 in their catalog)

Also Jaycar cat KC5400

The Silicon Chip contruction Article - part 1

The Silicon Chip contruction Article - part 2

H> "quietguy" wrote in

Reply to
quietguy

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

Oh yeah, you're right! No wonder I couldn't find it in the DSE catalogue ... mine's is little out-dated =(. As for the Jaycar catalogue, I obviously havn't been paying much attention to that page (considering I flick through there every few days, haha)... page 24. Thanks heaps. I'm glad it comes in kit form. And that it's cheaper than I expected too... only $49.50.

Jason.

Reply to
Jason S