Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a mobile phone send a
predeifined SMS on power up or modfy it so a contct closure will send an SMS

Reagrds
Mark

Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

You probably wouldn't be able to do it without opening up the mobile and
hooking up a circuit to the existing mobile keypad.
I had to do this with my "car alarm dialer" i designed that rings my other
mobile phone automatically if the car alarm tripped.  I had to design a
circuit to control some reed relays to simulate the key presses (the circuit
controlled the mobile as if I was there pressing the buttons). The circuit
would activate automatically as soon as power was applied to it via the car
alarm's siren.
Just thought I'd express my thoughts. Others might have better ideas of
going about this.

Jason.

Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

October and November 2004 Silicon Chip magazine had a project that did this
sort of thing.

--
remove n u m b e r s to reply
Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

The Sony Ericsson range of mobiles can send SMS messages using.... wait for
it.... . AT serial commands. So you could use a micro such as a picaxe to
send a message on command.

Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

A couple of places to start are:

http://www.riccibitti.com/tinyplanet/tiny_article.htm
http://www.electrosense.com.au

Can even be hooked up to a GPS to locate phones co-ordinates.

Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

Kits to do that are available - $60 bucks or so DSE or Jaycar or Altronics

David

Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

message

Hey David,

I had a flick through Jaycar and DSE's website. Can you please provide the
CAT numbers or something?  As I'm quite interested in this application as
well.

Cheers,
Jason.

Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

Hi There

Have a look at DSE cat No, K7221 (p242 in their catalog)

Also Jaycar cat KC5400

The Silicon Chip contruction Article - part 1
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102670/article.html
The Silicon Chip contruction Article - part 2
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102994/article.html

Hope these are helpful

Re: Make a mobile phone automaticaly send an SMS?

message

Oh yeah, you're right!  No wonder I couldn't find it in the DSE catalogue
... mine's is little out-dated =(.
As for the Jaycar catalogue, I obviously havn't been paying much attention
to that page (considering I flick through there every few days, haha)...
page 24.
Thanks heaps. I'm glad it comes in kit form.  And that it's cheaper than I
expected too... only $49.50.

Jason.

Site Timeline