Mains plug on Nikko RC battery charger

A Nikko RC car has the primary volts stamped as 230vac on its battery charger, but it has a USA style [110vac] mains plug. Is this usual? I know DSE sell adapters [not transformers,..actual plug adaption to 3 pin],..is this a mistake in the product tho?

Tks Tim

Reply to
Tim

but it has a USA style [110vac] mains

adaption to 3 pin],..is this a mistake in

Sounds more like a mistake, but I think I would be taking it back so they can compare it with their other stock, and if they need to bend the pins, or supply an free adapter, then they can blow it up in shop, if the stamped text is wrong. :-)

Cheers Don...

=========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Dontronics Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/simmstick-fifteen-years-on.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Makes sense,...first time I've seen such a stuff-up,..[I must lead a sheltered life] :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim

A number of countries have 240V / 50Hz mains, but use US style 2 pin connectors. Thailand for instance...

Reply to
news.giganews.com