Macrovision defeater - Page 2

Re: Macrovision defeater

  Some are.  I had a combination PVR/VCR/Tuner box, that would refuse to
deal with Macrovision (and another form of digital-based protection) at
the inputs.

  So I couldn't plug my DVD player into it (to use the PVR as a defacto
switch box) because it would forcibly blank the video.

  In my case, at that time, I was lucky enough to be able to modify the
DVD firmware to disable Macrovision and that other protection signal, so
it worked.
  I also had the added bonus of disabling the "FBI warning" blocks, that
otherwise force you to watch certain streams, so I could easily skip them.

  There are also some TVs (OK, admittedly I haven't seen any for ages)
that are not tolerant of some versions of Macrovision signal.  But I'd
disable Macrovision out of principal anyway.

  Personally, since I started using a PC to handle the job of
DVD/BlueRay/AVI whatever media, all those issues went away.  But I still
refuse to use HDMI or Displayport, again purely out of principal.  VGA,
or DVI isn't going out of style for a long time, and I'm happy with that
situation.
  When VGA, DVD (and composite) become extinct, then I would of course
be forced to use something like some more modern incarnation of HDMI or
DisplayPort.

  But only grudgingly, even though it could never possibly affect me in
the first place.

  Don't get me wrong.  In certain circumstances, I'll sell out and
squeal like a little girl for a chocolate bar and a pat on the back.
  But when it comes to copy protection on media, forget it.
--
DCE seeks DTE for mutual exchange of data.

Re: Macrovision defeater

"John Tserkezis"

** So not a TV set .

     Fuck off  -  nutter.

Re: Macrovision defeater

  No, but did you miss the bit about the Original Poster who was doing
exactly that?

  Or course you missed it.  You tend to do that a lot.
--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease

Re: Macrovision defeater

"John Tserkezis"

** Shame your fuckwit remark WAS about a TV set.

    Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..............

...   Phil

Re: Macrovision defeater

  No, my remark on the TV was only that some older sets had problems
with some versions of Macrovision.  And that wasn't the point of my
ramblings anyway.
--
Schizophrenia beats being alone.

Re: Macrovision defeater
On Nov 11, 11:48A0%am, John Tserkezis

Im at that point now that I dont buy any of it.  Im completely over
the crap.

All it you are doing by buying such products is is funding companies
who
then use the profits to attack the public by bribing politicians and
spending on solicitors to push laws
to ban (with no due process) people from internet access, if in the
company's opinion they have downloaded "illegally".  As well as this
IINET crap lawsuit that just ends up costing money which is passed on
to internet subscribers.

Re: Macrovision defeater

For the next 120 years.

Re: Macrovision defeater