luxeon driver ??

hi, any body know where  there are any diy drivers for the luxeon  leds ???
l have a 6 volt hand held  rechargeable spotlight with a 55 watt  bulb.

i want to put in a luxeon 5 watt or more led, but need a suitable driver.
any one ???

thansk,
mark k

Re: luxeon driver ??

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:43:23 GMT, "mark krawczuk"

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_101528/article.html

Jaycar kit KC-5389 $AU29.95

Re: luxeon driver ??

hi, one for 6 volts would be better.......
mark k

Re: luxeon driver ??

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:16:24 GMT, "mark krawczuk"

I daresay that with a bit of re-design the SC circuit could be made to
operate from 6V, however for your portable function as a torch the pcb
is rather large. You could take a look at the Zetex range of drivers
http://www.zetex.com/3.0/a1-7b.asp and look at the application note
for the 5W star driver. Of course you will have to do the work to get
it built and working. Remember that a 5W Star needs a fairly large
heatsink.

Site Timeline