lux from a standard lamp

How much lux would you get from a standard lamp, I tried to find out on Internet, but each web site has it's own figure first I saw 170 then 1740 then another said 10,000 give me a break.

Or to put it another way if you ran a 1 Watt LED (about $20) as a night light how cost effective would it be?

And Just interest to know what kind if Watt LED would you need to replace a standard 100 W lamp in a typical home room? not that I want too, just thought it might interesting to see comments on it

Reply to
Eric

The short story is that they arent practical in that situation.

Rod Speed

Ok thanks, that's all I needed to know,

The short story is that they arent practical in that situation.

it

Eric

I can't help you but this guy might be able to........

That's a link to data letter 47. Select any other letter from the menu on that page. Sorry for the sloppy link

He often talks/responds to emails about LED's, LED torches etc (also batteries, magnets, audio rip offs, and other real geeky stuff)

Hey it's an Aus site, you lurking in here Dan ?

Anyway, sounds like a good idea for a low powered kids night light. How about buying a cheap set of led Xmas lights and chopping them down until you have the right amount of light ? Maybe you could put them in some sort of light diffuser like a frosted globe mmmm, I might try that myself.

Noob here, Spamtrap

Reply to
blidiot