lux from a standard lamp

How much lux would you get from a standard lamp, I tried to find out on
Internet, but each web site has it's own figure first I saw 170 then 1740
then another said 10,000 give me a break.

Or to put it another way if you ran a 1 Watt LED (about $20) as a night
light how cost effective would it be?

And Just interest to know what kind if Watt LED would you need to replace a
standard 100 W lamp in a typical home room? not that I want too, just
thought it might interesting to see comments on it

Re: lux from a standard lamp

The short story is that they arent practical in that situation.

http://members.misty.com/don/lede.html

Re: lux from a standard lamp

Ok thanks, that's all I needed to know,

The short story is that they arent practical in that situation.

it

http://members.misty.com/don/lede.html

Re: lux from a standard lamp

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:50:39 +1200, "Eric"

I can't help you but this guy might be able to........
http://www.dansdata.com/danletters047.htm

That's a link to data letter 47. Select any other letter from the menu
on that page. Sorry for the sloppy link

He often talks/responds to emails about LED's, LED torches etc (also
batteries, magnets, audio rip offs, and other real geeky stuff)

Hey it's an Aus site, you lurking in here Dan ?

Anyway, sounds like a good idea for a low powered kids night light.
How about buying a cheap set of led Xmas lights and chopping them down
until you have the right amount of light ?
Maybe you could put them in some sort of light diffuser like a frosted
globe
mmmm, I might try that myself.

Noob here,
Spamtrap