Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

Need to replace a 5W that died earlier in the week, had no luck
finding anything under 8W in town yesterday and a quick online search
basically came up empty (with .au sites at least).

Does anyone know anywhere in Aus that sells them?
Need a bayonet type with a warm colour temperature... thanks for any
helpful replies.

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

Dimmer?

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

Speaking...

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

Perhaps, but a bit of a hassle due to the combo powerpoint/light
switch. A 5W globe would be much easier :)

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...
I bought a Philips 5W from Bunnings a few days ago. The one
I got was cool white colour temp, but pretty sure they had
warm white there as well.

--
What is the difference between a duck?

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:09:05 +1000, Doug Jewell

Thanks Doug, I'll have a look in Bunnings next time I head in, cheers.

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:09:05 +1000, Doug Jewell

Got a warm white 5W at Bunnings yesterday, thanks for the suggestion
Doug.

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

These guys are the ducks nuts for lighting gear, usually inexpensive too (ie
same or less than any other source).

http://www.lampreplacements.com.au/

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:49:29 +0800, "Dennis"

Thanks Dennis, I'll go check that site out now, cheers.

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

Yesterday I found them in Big W - Phillips Tornado

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

Thanks for that David, unfortunately the nearest Big W is about 250KM
away! But I do head down to Hobart about once a month, so I may well
get one then.

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

IKEA sells 7 Watt CFLs. I also bought 4 Watt ones from them but cannot
find them online at the moment. They're good quality bulbs rebranded.

Re: Low wattage (5W or less) CFLs...

4W would be nice, alas there is no Ikea store anywhere near here,
maybe they sell online.

I'm looking forward to LED versions appearing, and at a reasonable
price... one day. I find that I can hear a high pitched whine coming
from many CFLs, and then theres the matter of the toxic contents of
CFLs.

Site Timeline