Low Voltage Cut-Out

SOMEwhere recently I saw a circuit for a low voltage cutout for vehicle
applications. I'm pretty sure is was an Australian site. The circuit cut off
the auxilliary battery when voltage dropped below a preset value.  The one I
recall allowed this present value to be varied.  Is anyone aware of the
particular circuit/kit?  I am not thinking of the Altronics on that has a
set cutoff.  I have searched, but simply can't find it. (I think my google
is a bit wet in Brisbane's rain this afternoon!)

Thanks
Dave

Re: Low Voltage Cut-Out

finger to keyboard and composed:

You may be able to adapt this circuit:
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1043/104378_3mg.jpg

Versatile Micropower Battery Protector:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102095/article.html
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102095/printArticle.html
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1020/102095_7mg.jpg
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1020/102095_5mg.jpg

Simple battery isolator:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_108868/article.html
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_108868/printArticle.html
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1088/108868_2mg.jpg
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1088/108868_3mg.jpg
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1088/108868_4mg.jpg
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1088/108868_5mg.jpg

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Low Voltage Cut-Out

Thanks for the links . . I have that issue of SC so will have a look.  I
THINK it may have been the Oatley kit I had seen, but will go and read the
SC article too.

Thanks Franc
Dave

Re: Low Voltage Cut-Out

The Oatley Kit
K227 - 12-24V DUAL BATTERY ADAPTER FOR A VEHICLE [K227]
at
http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?products_id27%0&osCsid=de6e5bedf61f2e5bba172c9fb001da3d
can be used as a low voltage cutout. The (minor) mod required is
included in the instructions.
It does the job for me, isolating my campervan's house battery from all
loads if its voltage drops below the set level.
It uses a latching relay and so draws negligible quiescent current :-)

Re: Low Voltage Cut-Out

Thanks for the response moondhadow. I think this is wahat I had been looking
at - but when I searched the Oatley site earlier it didn't show.

Gee I hate the way they have redone their site. It is so hard to find things
unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks again.

Dave

http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?products_id27%0&osCsid=de6e5bedf61f2e5bba172c9fb001da3d

Re: Low Voltage Cut-Out