Low Voltage Cut-Out

SOMEwhere recently I saw a circuit for a low voltage cutout for vehicle applications. I'm pretty sure is was an Australian site. The circuit cut off the auxilliary battery when voltage dropped below a preset value. The one I recall allowed this present value to be varied. Is anyone aware of the particular circuit/kit? I am not thinking of the Altronics on that has a set cutoff. I have searched, but simply can't find it. (I think my google is a bit wet in Brisbane's rain this afternoon!)

Thanks Dave

Reply to
vwq47

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 06:31:04 GMT, "vwq47" put finger to keyboard and composed:

You may be able to adapt this circuit:

Versatile Micropower Battery Protector:

Simple battery isolator:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

The Oatley Kit K227 - 12-24V DUAL BATTERY ADAPTER FOR A VEHICLE [K227] at

can be used as a low voltage cutout. The (minor) mod required is included in the instructions. It does the job for me, isolating my campervan's house battery from all loads if its voltage drops below the set level. It uses a latching relay and so draws negligible quiescent current :-)

Reply to
Moonshadow

Thanks for the response moondhadow. I think this is wahat I had been looking at - but when I searched the Oatley site earlier it didn't show.

Gee I hate the way they have redone their site. It is so hard to find things unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks again.

Dave

vwq47

Thanks for the links . . I have that issue of SC so will have a look. I THINK it may have been the Oatley kit I had seen, but will go and read the SC article too.

Reply to
vwq47

Try Jaycar Electronics.

Reply to