Loss in tv splitters.

Greetings group.
Which of the following would result in the most tv antenna signal
reaching each of 8 outlets?

2 4way splitters connected to 1 2way splitter.

1 8way splitter.

Thanks,
Russell Griffiths.

Re: Loss in tv splitters.

< snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

**  What you do it look at the maker's specs for each of the units and do
some simple arithmetic.

.........  Phil

Re: Loss in tv splitters.

In theory they are the same - in practice, what do the respective spec's
say?

Ken

Re: Loss in tv splitters.

spend just over 100 bucks and use an 8 way switch

Re: Loss in tv splitters.

  The single 8 way splitter has a lower loss because you eliminate the
loss caused by two sets of connectors to tie the 2 way to each of the
four way splitters.  You also have four less chances for bad connections
and signal ingression to interfere with the picture.  I worked for a
large MSO CATV company for four years and I tested a lot of sample parts
before we purchased our passives in bulk. We used the 8 way splitters in
apartment buildings, with a separate drop per splitter.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Re: Loss in tv splitters.

Thankyou Michael and everone else who replied.
Russell Griffiths.

Site Timeline