Loss in tv splitters.

Greetings group. Which of the following would result in the most tv antenna signal reaching each of 8 outlets?

2 4way splitters connected to 1 2way splitter.

1 8way splitter.

Thanks, Russell Griffiths.

Reply to
rg26ce1991

Greetings group.

** What you do it look at the maker's specs for each of the units and do some simple arithmetic.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

In theory they are the same - in practice, what do the respective spec's say?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

spend just over 100 bucks and use an 8 way switch

Reply to
atec

The single 8 way splitter has a lower loss because you eliminate the loss caused by two sets of connectors to tie the 2 way to each of the four way splitters. You also have four less chances for bad connections and signal ingression to interfere with the picture. I worked for a large MSO CATV company for four years and I tested a lot of sample parts before we purchased our passives in bulk. We used the 8 way splitters in apartment buildings, with a separate drop per splitter.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thankyou Michael and everone else who replied. Russell Griffiths.

Reply to
rg26ce1991