Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

Folks,

Subject line says it all....really.

Looking for a single-channel AC Volts data logger to record mains supply voltage (240Vac) over a period of a week or so.

Prefer reasonably cheap, if possible. The few units I have found so far start around $250-$350, but most are multi-channel units. I dont need any more than a single channel for this.

I would also prefer on-board storage for at least a few thousand recordings, and the option to set the time between recordings(I think most allow this feature).

I'd prefer to source it in Australia.

Anyone seen such a beast available online?

Any ideas or links appreciated.

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Reply to
Rod Out Back

If you want it for a week, why not rent it? Tech Rentals, most likely others as well.

Reply to
bruce varley

...I want the datalogger to be able to record for periods of a week or preferrably longer(as in it has sufficient battery life to operate at least a week unattended). However, a week would suit what I need.

I would like to buy the unit, as it is more than likely I will need to do this again some time, and the nearest rental place is likely to be over 1300 kms away(Brisbane).

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Reply to
Rod Out Back

The software that monitors my $80 UPS records the input voltage.

Reply to
Bifa

This might be worth a look from Fluke, turns your PC into a mains monitor:

Farnell have it too for $1384

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Oops, sorry, way out of your price bracket. How about those cheap Jaycar RS232 logging multimeters?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Watch out with those. I was using one of those to monitor battery discharge curves and after a certain number of readings it crashes your computer. Not recommended!

Friday

Reply to
Friday

I have a UNI-T, UT60A digital multimeter that has data logging capability, via optical RS232 link to a PC or laptop. Comes with everything including software.

AZTRONICS in Western Australia.

Cost A$100.

Wonderful unit.

JD

Reply to
John Dunkley

Folks,

Many thanks for the ideas, but I cant leave a computer(and/or UPS) at the location. I already have a UPS that logs the power here at home, but this doesnt really help what I am trying to do. The data logger will have to run unattended in a remote location for a period of time (preferrably a week or more) Whilst the shed is reasonably weather proof, it is likely to be noisy, smokey and lots of vibration if/when the standby genset fires up in that small room. I would prefer a solid-state device like a dedicated datalogger, as I can affix it to the wall, attach the lead to the mains, and come back some days later.

Again, thanks for your ideas, but they arent really what i'm looking for.

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Reply to
Rod Out Back