Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

Folks,

Subject line says it all....really.

Looking for a single-channel AC Volts data logger to record mains
supply voltage (240Vac) over a period of a week or so.

Prefer reasonably cheap, if possible. The few units I have found so
far start around $250-$350, but most are multi-channel units.  I dont
need any more than a single channel for this.

I would also prefer on-board storage for at least a few thousand
recordings, and the option to set the time between recordings(I think
most allow this feature).

I'd prefer to source it in Australia.

Anyone seen such a beast available online?

Any ideas or links appreciated.

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

If you want it for a week, why not rent it? Tech Rentals, most likely others
as well.

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:04:09 +0800, "bruce varley"

...I want the datalogger to be able to record for periods of a week or
preferrably longer(as in it has sufficient battery life to operate at
least a week unattended).  However, a week would suit what I need.

I would like to buy the unit, as it is more than likely I will need to
do this again some time, and the nearest rental place is likely to be
over 1300 kms away(Brisbane).

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

The software that monitors my $80 UPS records the input voltage.

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

This might be worth a look from Fluke, turns your PC into a mains
monitor:
http://www.rapid-tech.com.au/vr101s.htm

Farnell have it too for $1384

Dave :)

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

Oops, sorry, way out of your price bracket.
How about those cheap Jaycar RS232 logging multimeters?

Dave :)

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

Watch out with those. I was using one of those to monitor battery
discharge curves and after a certain number of readings it crashes your
computer. Not recommended!

Friday

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

I have a UNI-T, UT60A digital multimeter that has data logging capability,
via optical RS232 link to a PC or laptop. Comes with everything including
software.

AZTRONICS in Western Australia.

Cost A$100.

Wonderful unit.

JD

Re: Looking for single-channel 240VAC datalogger

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:45:46 GMT, "John Dunkley"

Folks,

Many thanks for the ideas, but I cant leave a computer(and/or UPS) at
the location.  I already have a UPS that logs the power here at home,
but this doesnt really help what I am trying to do.
The data logger will have to run unattended in a remote location for a
period of time (preferrably a week or more) Whilst the shed is
reasonably weather proof, it is likely to be noisy, smokey and lots of
vibration if/when the standby genset fires up in that small room.  I
would prefer a solid-state device like a dedicated datalogger, as I
can affix it to the wall, attach the lead to the mains, and come back
some days later.

Again, thanks for your ideas, but they arent really what i'm looking
for.

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Site Timeline