Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer ...

I'm looking for RGB rca sockets to make up a few Component wall plates.

I know i can buy the wallplates already made up but i am after RGB
sockets which are colour coded on the outside as well so that you can
see which is which when looking down from the top of the wallplates
behind some furniture wall units.

Jaycar and Altronics don't have them.

thanks.

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Try Laurence and Hanson, John R Turk etc.

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

The bottom three products here MIGHT be what you want .. though they
don't seem to be in reveal's catalog any more. If they're what I've seen
before then there's a colored plastic band near the 'wall' (H):

   ____ |
  /\   H|
|()|  H|
  \/___H|

http://www.bizrate.co.uk/audioaccessories/brand--socket_communications/products__att259--372045-.html

I doubt there's anything using a colored metal .. though I'd love to be
wrong .. report back if you find anything .. It's a fairly good idea ..
I hate having to try IDing stuff behind the desk :)

Cheers!
Rick Measham

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

http://www.bizrate.co.uk/audioaccessories/brand--socket_communications/products__att259--372045-.html
Lousy and hungreys used to carry them but unless you can find an old
time  sat tech / foxtel guy very very hard to find.. good luck
  I might suggest a simple colour patch of tape suck on the plate above
the fitting

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

get some coloured plastic washers (or drill some holes in some tiddlywinks)

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

That's a good option, will do that.

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Surely you could put some tape next to each if necessary, or simply mount
them consistently with red at the top and blue at the bottom, then you know
they are always R-G-B looking from the top.

MrT.

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Cant you get blank wall plates and mount some coloured sockets into them?

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Of course, but he was having trouble locating suitably colored sockets it
seems.
I know Jaycar only stocks red, black and yellow for example.

MrT.

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Yes, it's not a problem for me.  It's the rest of the family who can't
work that out. :)

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Just tell them to leave the plugs alone then :-)

MrT.

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

how about get a blank 3-hole clipsal wall plate and coloured blanks
for the holes, I'm pretty sure clipsal do red, green, and blue blank inserts.

or maybe you could use a different connector type

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

inserts.

I'm fairly sure WES do a "modular" wall socket system with different inserts
including colour-coded RCAs.

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Have a look at the following link. In the states but what you want........

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/626/857.pdf

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

This product is marked as "new" on the website so maybe it didn't make
the catalogue? Is this close to wehat you require?

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=P6826

Andy

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

I think i saw those but the rca sockets still don't have a colour band
on the outside for easy recognition.  I know i have seen them somewhere
awhile ago though.

What i've done now is, i have stopped into a Plastics factory on the way
to work and bought some small sections of coloured plastic and i will be
making up some washers using my cheap wholesaw set and these washers
will be screwed between the rca sockets and the wallplates.
That should do the job. :)

thanks.

Re: Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

I think WES have them.    Colin

Site Timeline