Looking for plasma panel for 42" NEC PX-42VM2G

Hi!

A mate of mine has an NEC PX-42VM2G (42") tv with a broken panel in it - the rest was working fine until it got damaged by a cricket ball of all things!!!

Anyone here have a panel from a scrapped set that might fit it that they'd like to sell?? or know where to get one? Burn in doesnt matter too much as it was being used outdoors under a pergola.

CHEERS!!!

Reply to
princo coasters

Anyone??????????

Apparently any NEC 42" panel will do.....

Reply to
princo coasters

Did someone tell him that the TV is for watching cricket *at home*? You're not supposed to take it *to* the cricket.

BTW, the panel is about 80% of the raw cost of the TV. Even if you can find one, it won't be cheap. It's kinda like asking if anyone has a nice car that's missing a tail-light, because you have a perfect tail-light and want the rest of the car.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

yeah i know.......same with tube on a CRT

But no harm in asking.....I have a couple of old hitachis that have good panels and totally dead electronics - thought someone might be massing a plasma graveyard......

Reply to
princo coasters

I just picked up one at Auction and it goes backto standby about 10 secs after turn on I suspect a logic fault, I'm going to take it back as it suposed to be Ok but maybe your interested in the parts from the Auction House. Greg snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

pr>

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au
Reply to