Looking for electrical appliance inspector

I have an electrical appliance that needs to be inspected and tested by a competent person in accordance with AS/NZS 3760.

Can anyone recommend an inspector in the Melbourne Metro Area?

Charles L

Reply to
Charles L

I know one in NZ, if you don't find anyone closer.

Reply to
Caliban

"Charles L"

** There is this Irish guy named Pat Tester.

You'll foind him in some Melbun pub drinkin Guinness.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yeah I met him at the Dan O'Connell. He couldn't help me.

Charles L

Reply to
Charles L

You hang out at the Dan?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

"Charles L" wrote in news:429c9e99 @news.comindico.com.au:

Some years ago we met with an independant guy called Bill Curry. He had done testing for the old SEC. We ended up not using him because we were concentrating on Euro stuff, but he seemed competant and honest to me.

Reply to
Geoff C

Charles, look at:

They did some testing / approval work for a company I worked for in Perth (they flew in). I think they are based in Melb/Syd. Not cheap (who is!) - maybe not what you are looking for. I remember talking to the guy and him saying one of their main services was testing appliances for customers in their lab. They were quite helpful with suggestions with changes and advice to gain approval etc. good luck rob

Reply to
Rob

"Rob"

** That congenital imbecile, Charles L, is not after compliance / approval testing.

That is not what AS 3760 is about.

It is about regular, in service, safety testing and tagging of workplace electricals - aka "PAT testing".

A nice little $ earning scam carried out by mentally retarded sparkies.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

What? As distinct from buggering up toasters like you do? I wouldn't trust you to test a battery powered shaver, let alone a mains powered device.

Speaking of buggering up things I bet you must feel like being between a rock and a hard place hey Phil?. A pair of Quad ESL57s and a selection of assorted screwdrivers in the same room being egged on by a pile of unfixed toasters stacked up in the corners thinking only of and praying for their own self preservation comes to mind. If the toasters could talk I bet they are saying "Better the Quads than us."

If the Quads get off lightly, Psycho Phil has only taken the front metal mesh grills off to use as a spark guard in front of the fire place where he is probably burning the wooden legs right now.

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

The widely acknowledged sufferer of acute anal retention AKA "Phil Allison" verbally flatulated in message news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Perth

is!) -

him

in

approval

I don't pretend to know anything about AS 3760 I am just going on what it says on the sticker placed on the appliance that I won in an auction lot. It says it should be checked by a competent person in accordance with AS 3760 and that's good enough for me.

Oh you mean a job carried out by those whose description you fit nicely? That's if you can take time off from repairing your toasters.

BTW. Haven't been seeing many of your posts in the aus.legal newsgroup. What's the matter Phil? Grown tired of trying to put words into people's mouths or you been having too much trouble dealing with the faeces that comes out of yours?

Charles L

Reply to
Charles L

advice

Thanks Rob. You have been most helpful unlike some who replied to my post but they're to be expected. I'll chase this up.

Charles

Reply to
Charles L

"dmm"

"Alan Rutlidge"

** Well said "dmm".

The Rutmaniac sexual deviate is best avoided.

Even his family disown him.

Reply to
Phil Allison

My sentiments exactly. Trying to have any rational debate / discussion with Phil Allison is a futile exercise. Even if you agree with the fool he forgets what he wrote and even when confronted by the evidence (including his own posts) he denies everything.

The sad truth is poor ol' Phil is just one seriously tired, bitter and lonely old man that should have learned to keep his trap shut ages ago. Unfortunately he is still here :( Like most cowards he hides behind the anonymity of his keyboard, makes accusations he can't substantiate and when the heats on quickly changes the subject by sidestepping the issues.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge