Looking for electrical appliance inspector

I have an electrical appliance that needs to be inspected and tested by a
competent person in accordance with AS/NZS 3760.

Can anyone recommend an inspector in the Melbourne Metro Area?

Charles L

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

I know one in NZ, if you don't find anyone closer.

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

"Charles L"

 ** There is this Irish guy named Pat Tester.

 You'll foind him in some Melbun pub drinkin Guinness.

............   Phil

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

Yeah I met him at the Dan O'Connell. He couldn't help me.

Charles L

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

You hang out at the Dan?

Ken

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

@news.comindico.com.au:

Some years ago we met with an independant guy called Bill Curry. He had
done testing for the old SEC. We ended up not using him because we were
concentrating on Euro stuff, but he seemed competant and honest to me.

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

Charles, look at:  http://www.tcaust.com

They did some testing / approval work for a company I worked for in Perth
(they flew in). I think they are based in Melb/Syd. Not cheap (who is!) -
maybe not what you are looking for. I remember talking to the guy and him
saying one of their main services was testing appliances for customers in
their lab. They were quite helpful with suggestions with changes and advice
to gain approval etc.
good luck
rob

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

"Rob"

** That congenital imbecile, Charles L,  is not after compliance / approval
testing.

That is not what AS 3760 is about.

It is about regular, in service, safety testing and tagging of workplace
electricals  -   aka  "PAT testing".

A nice little $ earning scam carried out by mentally retarded sparkies.

...........   Phil

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

What?  As distinct from buggering up toasters like you do?
I wouldn't trust you to test a battery powered shaver, let alone a mains
powered device.

Speaking of buggering up things I bet you must feel like being
between a rock and a hard place hey Phil?.  A pair of Quad ESL57s and a
selection of
assorted screwdrivers in the same room being egged on by a pile of unfixed
toasters stacked up in the corners thinking only of and praying for their
own self preservation comes to mind.  If the toasters could talk I bet they
are saying "Better the Quads than us."

If the Quads get off lightly, Psycho Phil has only taken the front metal
mesh grills off to use as a spark guard in front of the fire place where he
is probably burning the wooden legs right now.

Fuckm off Rutmaniac !!

"dmm"

 "Alan Rutlidge"

**  Well said "dmm".

The Rutmaniac sexual deviate is best avoided.

Even his family disown him.

..........    Phil

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

The widely acknowledged sufferer of acute anal retention AKA "Phil Allison"
Perth
is!) -
him
in
approval

I don't pretend to know anything about AS 3760 I am just going on what it
says on the sticker placed on the appliance that I won in an auction lot. It
says it should be checked by a competent person in accordance with AS 3760
and that's good enough for me.

Oh you mean a job carried out by those whose description you fit nicely?
That's if you can take time off from repairing your toasters.

BTW. Haven't been seeing many of your posts in the aus.legal newsgroup.
What's the matter Phil? Grown tired of trying to put words into people's
mouths or you been having too much trouble dealing with the faeces that
comes out of yours?

Charles L

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

My sentiments exactly.  Trying to have any rational debate / discussion with
Phil Allison is a futile exercise.  Even if you agree with the fool he
forgets what he wrote and even when confronted by the evidence (including
his own posts) he denies everything.

The sad truth is poor ol' Phil is just one seriously tired, bitter and
lonely old man that should have learned to keep his trap shut ages ago.
Unfortunately he is still here :(  Like most cowards he hides behind the
anonymity of his keyboard, makes accusations he can't substantiate and when
the heats on quickly changes the subject by sidestepping the issues.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Looking for electrical appliance inspector

advice

Thanks Rob. You have been most helpful unlike some who replied to my post
but they're to be expected. I'll chase this up.

Charles

Site Timeline