Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

I'm looking for a replacement for a PNP Darlington Transisitor TIP145.  I
can't find one around Brisbane (so it seems) and am wondering what people
would suggest as a replacement.

I'm a mug at electronics and of course my need is immediate otherwise I
could get one from Futurlec. DSE online appear to have them but who knows
how long I'd have to wait now the face is gone.

Out of interest, this component from the circuit board buried in a load of
foam in an old Repco 12V fuel pump.  They cost about $140 these days!

The pump ceased to work suddenly but mechanically it is fine and the coil(s)
seem fine. I decided it was simple to replace all components once I opened
and cleaned it up.  I am a bit puzzled how the thing works at all.  It has
five resistors and three diodes plus the transistor and the two coils around
the iron slug that does the pumping.

Thanks folks,
Dave

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

"Dave"

** I do not believe that DSE have ever sold that device.

But Farnell do:

http://au.farnell.com/multicomp/tip145/darlington-transistor-to-247/dp/9294562

Lotsa luck  -  pal.

....  Phil

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

Thanks Phil.

I'd never used Farnell.  The mail wait could be a killer.

Next reply MIGHT be worth a shot.

Thanks again.

Dave

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

"news.uq.edu.au"

 **  Farnell do not use mail.

You would get nest day courier delivery in Brisbane.

  .....   Phil

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

nest day ?
  is like your falatio philthy ?

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

bullshit and you know it phil

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

You could just go find a replacement pump at the progress road pick a
part at wacol for $10.00

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

Thanks,
Wasn't aware of them but might just try that approach!

Dave

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

Well,
I called the wreckers and they said yes, $21 and there were plenty of cars
with them.  Called a second yard and yes, they had plenty at $20. So I took
half the day and went tehre.  Spent a long tome looking and could not find
ONE - at either yard!  Naturally aspirated vehicles are not THAT common and
I found none that had an electric pump. A Subaru Leone MIGHT have had! A
wasted afternoon!

Ooops  . . sorry this is supposed to be electronics!
Dave

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

Try a 4WD wreckers, there may be some fitted to transfer fuel from reserve
tanks etc.

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

or a new Facet pump like this one  http://www.minisport.com.au/prod587.htm

superchep / repco / coventrys etc. Should be well under $100

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

Thanks Dennis,
Bought a pump from Onlineautoparts.com.au.  $46.65 and it looks identical to
the Facet. . It is also amazingkly similar to the REPCO one I damaged
somehow.

Thanks

Dave

CORRECTION to web address

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

TIP147 is commonly available and would do as a replacement in this
application.

Glenn.

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

"glenbadd"

TIP147 is commonly available

** Huh ?

Not from DS, Jaycar or Altronics stores as the OP requires.

DS on-line have no stock.

So it is back to Farnell, RS and WES for one off quantities.

....   Phil

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

OK, but then its been years since I bought TIP142/147 pairs.  I notice
Rockby (Melbourne) have TIP145 in stock at $3.43 a pop.

Glenn.

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

The Go Company at West End have them listed in their catalogue for
$3.10ea:

http://www.gocompany.com.au/go1-10-11-12-13-14-15.pdf

Might be worth giving them a call to check if they have stock.

Andy

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

The Go Company at West End have them listed in their catalogue for
$3.10ea:

http://www.gocompany.com.au/go1-10-11-12-13-14-15.pdf

Might be worth giving them a call to check if they have stock.

Andy

Thanks Andy,
I might do that when I have the new pump installed. . I still intend to
rebuild the old one.  I won't let that sort of thing beat me.
Dave

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

Is this a largish 3 pin square body with metal tab, or the domed thing
with flange?

Re: Looking for a TIP145 equivalent

"terryc"

** Looks more like this: