Looking for a particular type of switch

Hi,  Can anyone suggest where I might be able to source a small number of
the following items. I need an on-off panel switch, and also a button, which
have to operate reliably for long periods despite possible contact
degradation. It'll be single pole pulldown on a 5V logic line, with a pullup
of maybe a few K (can't spare more than a couple of mA). There's no
significantly higher voltage available as a sense supply. What I'm hoping is
that one can obtain manual switches that use hall effect or something else
'static', so that there's no contact to get corroded or wear out. TIA

Re: Looking for a particular type of switch

Reed switches, mercury switches?

Re: Looking for a particular type of switch

"bruce varley"

** Hmmm  -  might be a good candidate for a mini reed switch with moving
magnet pushbutton.

 Fantastic reliability.

 Google them up.

Re: Looking for a particular type of switch

Capacitive touch switch maybe?
See page 1017 of the latest Farnell cat for Qprox eval kits
http://www.qprox.com /

Dave :)

Site Timeline