Looking for a Full time TV/VCR Technician in Toowoomba

I run a small Electronics Shop in Toowoomba Queensland,
and need a  TV and VCR Technician, to work full time, that is a 38 hour Week
+ Overtime, + commission.

Yeah I know they all say its a dieing industry,
but there still are a lot of people who would rather get their Old machines
fixed than buy a
new one and have to learn how to use it..

So if you live in the area, or even thinking about moving up here, let me
know.

Regards
Allan
www.vidcam.com.au

snipped-for-privacy@vidcam.com.au

Re: Looking for a Full time TV/VCR Technician in Toowoomba

   Good luck with the search dude, also keep in mind the techs
here tend to be a bit leery of employers and will give you the
third, fourth and fifth degree.

Re: Looking for a Full time TV/VCR Technician in Toowoomba

Yeah, thought that may happen,
But I only need one tech,
no harm in asking..
:>
Allan

Re: Looking for a Full time TV/VCR Technician in Toowoomba

One would hope your workshop has moved to better anti-static conditions than
a nylon carpeted work benchtop.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~vidcam/Recapping/1.html
I would hate to think of all those extra static discharge faults this less
than ideal working environment might have created. :P

Anyhow a nice piece of documented repair work.  Pity they don't make SMD
electros with a longer working life.:(  However it keeps blokes like
yourself in business I guess. :)

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Looking for a Full time TV/VCR Technician in Toowoomba

Do you know in 15 years or so, we have had that benchtop, I have never had a
problem with static, or extra damage caused by static.
You alway discharge your self, and use common sense, but its not be a
problem.
Yeap, I hate those caps,
We do not do a lot of the old cameras anymore as they are so labour intense,
its not worth the cost.
At least the newer units don't have anywhere as many.
Allan

Re: Looking for a Full time TV/VCR Technician in Toowoomba

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:36:54 +1000, "Allan Simpson"

Thanks for your faults lists. Much appreciated.

- Franc Zabkar