Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

Can I ask some expert advice to select radio modems to be used in a small
UAV (a model airplane infact) ?
Desired specs for the radio modem;
   o Range : 5km (or more)
   o Weight : Lighter than 150gm
   o Data rate: 56-115.2K bits/sec
   o Interface : RS232 (and/or TTL)
   o Price : Must satisfy budget constraints of  five uni students (ie. as
low cost as possible) :(

Re: Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

http://www.maxstream.net/products /

Re: Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

<Jeff Rina>

**  This all looks VERY familiar.

 Didn't we go through this mad idea recently ?

 Runs contrary to the Air Navigation Regulations.

 IOW  -  it is illegal.

........   Phil

Re: Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

If it's being used in a GSM area, a GPRS radio modem might fit.

-Andrew M

(a
cost

Re: Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

"Andrew M"

** Here's the way you do it:

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/articles/AT9476442530.html

Certainly not cheap.

Re: Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

and embedded Windows XP - oh the shame!

Dave :)

Site Timeline