Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

Can I ask some expert advice to select radio modems to be used in a small UAV (a model airplane infact) ? Desired specs for the radio modem; o Range : 5km (or more) o Weight : Lighter than 150gm o Data rate: 56-115.2K bits/sec o Interface : RS232 (and/or TTL) o Price : Must satisfy budget constraints of five uni students (ie. as low cost as possible) :(

Reply to
<Jeff Rina>

dmm

** This all looks VERY familiar.

Didn't we go through this mad idea recently ?

Runs contrary to the Air Navigation Regulations.

IOW - it is illegal.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If it's being used in a GSM area, a GPRS radio modem might fit.

-Andrew M

(a

cost

Reply to