Load limit on a double powerpoint?

"Alan Rutlidge" You will never have to convince Ruff of how bad Philthy can be.

God knows I tried..........................

ruff

Reply to
roughplanet

its just practice. I started out building arcade machines as a kid, then repairing monitors & power supplies, then got an engineering degree, then started building monstrous SMPS.

My current project is that I am tinkering with a

cool. projects are a great way to learn. I just got an old amstrad CPC6128 computer, which I will use to hack some Z80 based videogames.

On a not so unrelated note, I saw a website a few years back, where a guy had scanned an LP with an OTS flatbed scanner, then wrote some code to read off the audio. it was pretty appalling, but still recognisable.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Yes I did see that. Basically he scanned the LP and then unwound the spiral groove and "hey presto" an analogue wave form.

It has progressed from there just a bit. see

Basically they use CD technology i.e. several Lasers to read the bumps in the LP grooves. A fantastic idea, it is just a shame it does not sound any good. BTW they do not work with coloured vinyl and the "stupid" electronics don't know a scratch or a piece of dust from a intentional bump in the groove. So error correction and filtering are quite complex. Actually as a study in what modern technology can achieve over archaic design it is stunning example of how the old stuff is just better. i.e. laser scanning as opposed to dragging a piece of rock through a bumpy groove ;-) Honestly, there is no comparison in the end result.

I do love tinkering with electronics and software, it is just a shame that I'm not 30 years younger and had a head for this stuff ;-) I do feel once they start putting logic chips in kettles and toasters the World as we know it is doomed ;-) But then that was said about Gasoline dispensers when they started to put them in black smith shops over a hundred years ago ;-)

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

Thank you kind sir,, But it would seem the name-sake of this thread has gone missing , And as the poor love's kill filled everyone, he has no one to talk to. So just give-us a whistle when you want me to bite someone on the arse, and I will no doubt rise to the occasion NOW where's that vintage "pal'' gone

bassett

Reply to
bassett

Just a thought here perhaps you should send PA a can or two. It's the only way he will ever have any pals at all :-)) Maybe a can or two of chum as well.

Since we are in the generous mood how about some offal (guts) as well but there will no need to send any more poultry manure - his flat is already full of "chicken shit"!

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

I will get right on to it. I have some old box's from WES, I will send them back to WES marked, "To be Collected by the toaster man" that should find him, no trouble at all. And by the time he collects it, it should be nice and ripe.

bassett

Reply to
bassett