Load limit on a double powerpoint? - Page 2

Re: MESSAGE to Steve

Sock pupet ?
  one ip is from a certain proxy it appears /

Re: Message to Steve

No. Ignoring his rants has the most effect for all such attention-seekers.
You seem unable to do it, and that makes a.e worse for all of us.

Please stop, you and Rutledge and all. Just stop, please.
There are useful things to do in life, and this isn't one of them.

Re: Message to Steve

nicely summarised, thanks!

And TT, although I cant be bothered looking, I have seen many posts from
you, in reply to one of Phils sane posts, that are unwarranted and
unpleasant.

Clifford has it right - ignore the rantings, respond only to the
technical stuff. but you phil-baiters cant help yourselves, and thereby
degrade the SNR of a.e. to the point where it is almost entirely
worthless. as grown men, you should be ashamed.

I think it is clear that Phil has some issues; unless you too have such
issues, why can you not simply ignore his cerebral effluvia? His actions
harm him far more than anyone else - and its sad to see, as he really
does have a lot to contribute, along with a willingness to do so.

Cheers
Terry

Re: Message to Steve

: Clifford Heath wrote:
: > TT wrote:
: >
: >> Sniping at him has the most effect
: >
: >
: > No. Ignoring his rants has the most effect for all such
attention-seekers.
: > You seem unable to do it, and that makes a.e worse for
all of us.
: >
: > Please stop, you and Rutledge and all. Just stop,
please.
: > There are useful things to do in life, and this isn't
one of them.
:
: nicely summarised, thanks!
:
: And TT, although I cant be bothered looking, I have seen
many posts from
: you, in reply to one of Phils sane posts, that are
unwarranted and
: unpleasant.

To be very blunt here, you don't have to read them.  BTW you
don't often see the words "Phil's posts" and "sane" in the
same sentence ;-)

:
: Clifford has it right - ignore the rantings, respond only
to the
: technical stuff. but you phil-baiters cant help
yourselves, and thereby
: degrade the SNR of a.e. to the point where it is almost
entirely
: worthless. as grown men, you should be ashamed.

Do you enjoy being abused and maligned by Philthy??  So in
years to come when friends, family, grandkids search the net
for information on you and see that you are regularly called
"autistic etc" what will they think?.  When you don't
respond or have people stick up for you or point out that
the assailant is nut job how will they view you?  What
conclusions will they draw.  I treat Usenet as a permanent
record of my actions and *will* defend myself and *will*
continue to stick up for friends.

:
: I think it is clear that Phil has some issues;

Ha-ha!  That's like saying the Titanic had a bit of leak :-)

: unless you too have such
: issues, why can you not simply ignore his cerebral
effluvia? His actions
: harm him far more than anyone else -

No, I passionately disagree here.  If you sling enough mud
then some will always stick.  If you call someone a
paedophile, autistic, criminal etc. often enough then
persons unknown may start to believe *you* are one.

: and its sad to see, as he really
: does have a lot to contribute, along with a willingness to
do so.

He certainly *does not* have a philanthropic bone in his
body ;-)  Classic small man syndrome.  He gets off on his
ego.

:
: Cheers
: Terry

Question for you.  Why do you think Philthy hangs out here
so much now?  Answer: He has effectively been driven out of
aus.hi-fi.  Everyone there now knows what he is and he has
become sick of being made to look like the joke he is.

Try it here, it will work.  By continuing to allow
yourselves to abused and maligned *YOU* are contributing to
the problem. By your inactions you are passively condoning
his behaviour.  Please contemplate this very carefully and
don't blame the messenger ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Message to Steve

If they have half a brain, they'll see from the context that the man hurling
the insults is a loon.

Again, if they have half a brain, they'll respect your maturity and
restraint.

Against a guy who has a long history of oscillating between being helpful
one time and insulting the other? He's clearly got a problem, but how is
having a go at him going to help anything? It sounds to me you just like
getting into a fight.

Utter drivel. It's the Internet - anyone who takes crap said in a forum
about another person literally is an idiot.

Re: Message to Steve

look harder. about halof of his posts are sane and useful. the other
half are exactly the opposite.

I agree with Russ. Come on dude, it doesnt take much of a brain to
recognise Phils demented ravings for what they are - the little excerpt
I posted from SED is a good example.

so your "defending oneself" argument doesnt stack up very well.
especially not when you respond to a sane post with unnecessary
needling. it suggests to me that you take his rantings personally, and
cannot control yourself enough to ignore him. note that a complete lack
of self control is the hallmark of phil at his worst.

I am an engineer. I really dont give a crap what persons unknown think.
Which is why my wife has learned to choose my clothing when we go out -
I just pick whatever is on the top of the drawer and wear it - my
argument being I cant see me so what do I care.

and anyone who takes Phil seriously, and thinks ill of me as a result,
is sufficiently stupid that their opinion is utterly irrelevent.

OK, thats probably true, but the same can be said of most people. I too
like demonstrating my knowledge of various subjects; that being said, I
also learn a lot from usenet - albeit not much from a.e. mores the pity
(that being said, guys like Frank Z and Bob P and yes, Phil A. on a good
day, have a lot to offer).

I have looked at aus.hi-fi a couple of times, and as far as newsgroups
go, its appalling. plus I dont work with audio so dont really care.

try saying something useful instead. lets talk about electronics. what
circuits are you designing at the moment. Im doing some PFC SMPS, LED
lighting and a 300kVA fully regenerative inverter. Im doing a thermal
test on my 50W PFC, which is why Im wasting time here. the control loop
analysis is moderately tricky.....

Cheers
Terry

Re: Message to Steve

in message
: : He has formal qualifications with independant
accreditation for Total
: Quality Management System and Continuous Management
Systems, acccredited to
: ISO 9002\AS 9002 - 1994 by SGS International.; you on the
other hand don't
: have any.
:
: Cheers,
: Alan

I should point out that I have let it lapse :-(  I should
update my website.  Can someone please loan me a
"roun-to-it".

Cheers TT

Re: Message to Steve

:
: that doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about
electronics.

For the record car electronics are quite advanced now and I
do have a lot to do with them.

 he probably
: knows more about gearboxes than me though. I dont have any
gearbox
: questions, but if I do, I'll ask. Thanks Phil :)
:
: Cheers
: Terry

BTW you are a little more advanced than me at electronics
;-)   My current project is that I am tinkering with a
design I have thought of for tangential tone arm for a
turntable.  It involves a small DC motor, 2 IR varistors and
a IR LED.  Early stages yet but you never know.

Cheers TT

Re: Message to Steve

its just practice. I started out building arcade machines as a kid, then
repairing monitors & power supplies, then got an engineering degree,
then started building monstrous SMPS.

My current project is that I am tinkering with a

cool. projects are a great way to learn. I just got an old amstrad
CPC6128 computer, which I will use to hack some Z80 based videogames.

On a not so unrelated note, I saw a website a few years back, where a
guy had scanned an LP with an OTS flatbed scanner, then wrote some code
to read off the audio. it was pretty appalling, but still recognisable.

Cheers
Terry

Re: Message to Steve

Yes I did see that.  Basically he scanned the LP and then unwound the spiral
groove and "hey presto" an analogue wave form.

It has progressed from there just a bit.  see http://www.elpj.com/
Basically they use CD technology i.e. several Lasers to read the bumps in
the LP grooves.  A fantastic idea, it is just a shame it does not sound any
good.  BTW they do not work with coloured vinyl and the "stupid" electronics
don't know a scratch or a piece of dust from a intentional bump in the
groove.  So error correction and filtering are quite complex.  Actually as a
study in what modern technology can achieve over archaic design it is
stunning example of how the old stuff is just better.  i.e. laser scanning
as opposed to dragging a piece of rock through a bumpy groove ;-)  Honestly,
there is no comparison in the end result.

I do love tinkering with electronics and software, it is just a shame that
I'm not 30 years younger and had a head for this stuff ;-)  I do feel once
they start putting logic chips in kettles and toasters the World as we know
it is doomed ;-)  But then that was said about Gasoline dispensers when they
started to put them in black smith shops over a hundred years ago ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Message to Steve

Thank you  kind  sir,,  But it would  seem the  name-sake of this thread has
gone missing , And as  the poor  love's kill filled  everyone,  he  has no
one  to  talk  to.   So just  give-us a whistle  when you want  me  to  bite
someone on the arse, and I will  no  doubt  rise  to the occasion   NOW
where's  that  vintage "pal''  gone

                          bassett

Re: Message to Steve

Just a thought here perhaps you should send PA a can or two.  It's the only
way he will ever have any pals at all :-))  Maybe a can or two of chum as
well.

Since we are in the generous mood how about some offal (guts) as well but
there will no need to send any more poultry manure - his flat is already
full of "chicken shit"!

Cheers TT

Re: Message to Steve

I will get right on to  it.  I have some old  box's  from  WES, I will send
them  back to  WES marked, "To be Collected by the toaster man"  that
should  find him,  no trouble at  all.
And by the time  he  collects  it,  it should be nice and  ripe.

                 bassett

Re: Load limit on a double powerpoint?

 >Wow, nothing real to post...

****  So  shut the fuck up
**** You really should  marry each other, as  you think so  much of  him,
as  you  both  think alike,  act alike, and no  doubt  have the  same  sort
of  intellect,  That's after  you finish  being the  forth  wise  monkey,
** thinks  all**

                          bassett

Re: Load limit on a double powerpoint?

Wow 2 is real small!  My house had 5 fuses when I moved in... only 3 were used
for outlets and lighting... the other 2 were oil furnace and oil hot water
heater. The stove had a different cartridge fuse setup.

Here we go be the number of amps we want... typically a 100 amp or a 200 amp
panel. Since I changed to electric heat I got a 200 amp breaker panel, and it
has 24 places for breakers... I have about 18 I think... but lots are double
240v since each single is 120v,, and used for heat (3) and the dryer and stove
and AC and stuff...

My house is fairly small, some big houses around here have 2 panels, each 200
amp...

My bill averages $100 a month...

Re: Load limit on a double powerpoint?

  16 gpo's domestic , 12 commercial in Qld atm .

Re: Load limit on a double powerpoint?

Even at your max. UPS load it's still within the rated 2400VA limit then.

No, double power points are nearly always fed by a single cable, and usually
from a 15/16A circuit breaker or fuse.

You probably have more to worry about when you plug the electric kettle, the
microwave or toaster/toaster oven, and a few other kitchen appliances from
the same circuit simultaneously.
I know people who do that and can't be told the simple reason why the
circuit breaker keeps tripping on them.

But having more circuits from the main power board certainly doesn't hurt,
and will cost you a lot less at the house construction stage, than added
later on.

MrT.

Re: Load limit on a double powerpoint?

Blocked: Alan Rutlidge, TT, Atec77, Phil Allison

Re: Load limit on a double powerpoint?

Yeehaaa !!!  Finally made it to someone's killfile and head of the list too.
This will shit Phil off.  He's only 4th on the list with TT and atec77 ahead
of him.

I think "Steve" is being a bit of an oversensitive little petal.  In all
this thread I didn't once abuse anyone, let alone Phil.  Add some light
humour - yes.  Abuse - no.

Steve needs to look at the bigger picture.  Clearly he hasn't been a victim
of Phil by being accused of being a paedophile, dishonest, running a
sheltered workshop, harassing one's business partner (who incidentally
doesn't even know who Phil Allison is) and a whole host of other untruths,
let alone being stalked at work and at home by Phil and his cronies.  But
then by killfiling Phil Allison I guess he's taking a proactive step towards
reducing the possibility of this happening.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Load limit on a double powerpoint?

Yeehaaa !!!  Finally made it to someone's killfile and head of the list too.
This will shit Phil off.  He's only 4th on the list with TT and atec77 ahead
of him.

****** Wota wanker,you really don't get it do you?You just can't stop
dribbling,dribbling,dribbling!

Brian G