Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

Hi all,

Electus distribution have the RD3480 light dependant resistor for around $1
in large quantities, but I would assume these should be around the 20 cent
or less mark.

I am after about a thousand of them. Any leads for suppliers?
I usually buy from futurlec but they don't stock these.

thanks!

Re: Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

Altronics have the Z1619 for around $0.14 ea in bulk lot (50+)
wholesale
Not sure if it's the same spec though.

Even Farnell have them for $0.89ea in 1000 lot (316-8335)

Dave :)

Re: Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

Thanks for the lead. David.

Spec is not too critical. Should be fine.

Re: Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

Nope, just got a quote back from Altronics. They want $0.60 per unit. for
1400 units. Any more ideas? Surely I should find something for around 20c
each. After all they are used in kids toys all the time.

Re: Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

You are correct Phil. Dave has made an error - the price you are
checking Dave is the "price per 10" for 50 pcs = $7.10+ gst - it is
*not* $7.10 for 50 pcs! I have been caught out by this before and
thought I was getting an exceptionally good price - unfortunately there
is still no such thing as a free lunch!

Andy

Re: Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

Oops, you are right, sorry about that Phil!
The wholesale price list is a tad confusing.

Dave :)

Re: Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

Try to get a quote directly from a manufacturer in China here:
http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Optical-sensor/p/2000000003844/3000000149681/sm/1002269581.htm
MOQ10%00

Dave :)

Re: Light Dependant Resistors LDRs