LG Studioworks 995E fading to black

I have a LG studioworks 995E monitor that has taken to fading to black occassionally.

Looking for likely causes and where inside the monitor I would find the culprit.

TIA.

--
Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.

On 28 Aug 2009 04:11:23 GMT, terryc put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's not much, but there is a block diagram here:

'BEJCB995C'

If it's fading slowly to black, then there may be a dry solder joint in the heater circuit. Check the 6.3V supply.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

thanks.

--
Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
terryc

Mine would go dim on intermitent occasions, I found a bad solder connection on the PCB that connects to the back of the picture tube. As I recall, I had to unsolder a shield from the PCB to get to the connections. Hmm! almost seems strange to use the term picture tube. Kinda like record player, eight track or LP. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Thanks.

If it ain't broke, don't replace it.

Sigh, so much stuff is ust disposable crud these days.