LG Studioworks 995E fading to black

I have a LG studioworks 995E monitor that has taken to fading to black
occassionally.

Looking for likely causes and where inside the monitor
I would find the culprit.

TIA.

--

Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.

Re: LG Studioworks 995E fading to black

put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's not much, but there is a block diagram here:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout50%0&calledFromFrame=N&application_id95%054&fcc_id ='BEJCB995C'

If it's fading slowly to black, then there may be a dry solder joint
in the heater circuit. Check the 6.3V supply.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: LG Studioworks 995E fading to black

mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout50%0&calledFromFrame=N&application_id95%054&fcc_id='BEJCB995C'

thanks.

--

Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.

Re: LG Studioworks 995E fading to black

  Mine would go dim on intermitent occasions, I found a bad solder
connection
on the PCB that connects to the back of the picture tube. As I recall, I had
to unsolder
a shield from the PCB to get to the connections.
  Hmm! almost seems strange to use the term picture tube.
Kinda like record player, eight track or LP.
                                   Mike

Re: LG Studioworks 995E fading to black

Thanks.

If it ain't broke, don't replace it.

Sigh, so much stuff is ust disposable crud these days.
--

Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.

Site Timeline