LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W

I have a LG DVD/VCR, Model -- V782W.

VCR plays OK
DVD is in B/W?  Anyone know the procedure to get colour back?

I remember doing this on a DVD player some time ago, but a lot of water
has flowed under the feet since then.

I have read the users guide from front to back & return, no mention of
video adj. only audio.

I would appreciate some consctructive comments on this prob.

TIA.

AL.

Re: LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W

select PAL output ?

Re: LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W

Hi Jasen,  I would select PAL if the Users guide said how, but there is
no mention in the users guide re: NTSC, PAL or SECAM.

colour system on this Combo.
or state that this combo cannot be changed!! & therefore may have a fault
condition.

Re: LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Wrong TV system, ie NTSC instead of PAL?

Otherwise, here is a service manual:
http://www.jordansmanuals.com/Default.aspx?Brand=LG&Product=DVD-VCR&Model=V782W

- Franc Zabkar

Re: LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W

Yes Franc, you are most likely right, but that does not tell me how to
get it from NTSC to PAL.

THE USERS GUIDE DOES'NT GIVE ANY INFO ON HOW TO CHANGE THE VIDEO FORMAT.

Has plenty on AUDIO, but not Video.

Many TV's & DVD's user guides DO describe how to change Audio & Colour.

I was hoping that someone out there knows the procedure for changing the
colour system on this Combo.

I would apreciate it very much if someone could enlighten me on the
procedure or state that this combo cannot be changed!! & therefore may
have a fault condition.

Many TIA.

Regards,

Al

Re: LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W

http://www.jordansmanuals.com/Default.aspx?Brand=LG&Product=DVD-VCR&Model=V7
82W

You don't!
IF the DVD media is PAL it plays as PAL, IF the DVD media is NTSC it plays
as NTSC.
IF your TV is set to auto system, then both will display fine. IF you
manually change the setting as needed, that will also work.
IF your TV can't display NTSC (many older models can't), you are out of
luck!
(although format conversion is possible, don't expect it on a cheap DVD/VCR
player)

MrT.

Re: LG DVD/VCR MODEL --V782W

keyboard and composed:

My cheap DVD players can do NTSC-to-PAL "conversions". AFAIK, all it
involves is discarding 10 frames out of every 60. Admittedly, fast
motion sequences look jerky, but at least the movie is watchable in
colour.

- Franc Zabkar