LED UV emissions?

Just curious, but does an off the shelf white or blue LED emit any UV of
a usable level?

I use a CFL for UV exposure, but it is a PITA to set up, and for the
cost of one UV LED, I can by a bag of 10 ultra white or ultra blue LEDs.

Re: LED UV emissions?

**Even better, you can buy UV LEDs. They're not really UV, they're deep
purple, but they do the job. I've used them in place of unobtainable cold
cathode UV tubes.

Jaycar ZD-0260
Farnell 105-7106

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: LED UV emissions?
Just be careful not to overdrive them or you might get smoke on the
water.

Clint Sharp

Re: LED UV emissions?

Very sharp!      :)

Re: LED UV emissions?

For the cost of one from Farnell, I can buy 10 blue/white LEDs.

Re: LED UV emissions?

**You asked about UV, not white or blue. If you want UV, use a UV LED.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: LED UV emissions?

I seriously doubt that any blue/white ones emit more than a 2% UV.
but check for yourself farnell have links to data-sheets (and
most of them work)

wikipedia says UV is wavelengths smaller than 400nm, and a quick
search of a different site found no datasheets for visible light leds
that emit a measurable amount of UV

AIUI UV LEDs are made out of a different semiconductor to those used
for visible LEDs.

Site Timeline