LCD/VFD to fit 5.25" or 3.5" drive bay

Hi all

I'm after a basic LCD or VFD that fits into a 5.25" or 3.5" drive bay, and (preferably) plugs into the RS232 serial header on the motherboard.

I know I could just buy or build a serial-to-LCD circuit myself, but it's the professional appearance that I'm after, and I'm not known for my craftsmanship. :)

I've seen a Silverstone 16x2 VFD unit but unfortunately it uses the printer port, which my motherboards do not have support for. There are other fancy displays but they use USB and most likely need Windows drivers or at the very least some protocol hacking - I just want to be able to send standard HD44780 compatible commands straight out to the serial port on a FreeBSD server...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Reply to
rowan194

How about this:

Choose the module you want, and the matching 5.25" mounting bracket.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Or even