Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

    I just went to my local DSE, intending to buy their remaining ESR
meter kits for $25 each.
    They only had one Mk1 kit left, and the sales guy said "That's $50".
I told him the website says $25. He checked and said, "Nope, it's $50".
    He's right. The price of the Mk1 and Mk2 kits as well as the "web
special" is now $50.
    For Terry Given's info, the TENS kit is also now $50. :(
    I hope everyone got the kits at the good prices while they lasted!

Bob

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

Yep that's what happens when specials FINISH. You did check the date on
those ads right?

MrT.

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

I did Bob - they only had one in the store so I was lucky

David

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

I got 2 x ESR Mk2 kits online for a total of $37.50, delivered.   Colin.

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

    Well done!
    I've been informed that all DSE kits going for 50% off is a
promotion which was advertised in Silicon Chip, and is due to end
*today*, Feb 27th.
    I'm going back to my local store to see if I can grab that ESR meter
kit cheap after all... assuming I can convince the sales staff that it's
still on special.

Bob

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

Good luck, I've found in the past the only way to do that is to have a copy
of the ad with you so you can show the store manager.
The counter staff can't help you.

MrT.

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:52:33 +1100, Bob Parker

Bob

I have seen plenty of praise for your ESR meter so when DSE offered
them for $25 I managed to grab one of the Mk2 kits.

It was an absolute pleasure to assemble - I took it slowly & checked
everything as I went and was overjoyed to see it work first time it
was powered up.

I was amazed to see that over 13000 kits have been sold. Was that
purely as a result of the SC article (and presumably DSE advertising)
or was the article also printed in other publications ? I presume a
large number of these kits must have gone overseas ? No specific
reason for asking, pure nosiness ! :-}

Dave Goldfinch

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

    Thanks for the positive feedback, Dave. :)

    It's got a much longer history than you think. The original article
was in Electronics Australia in January 1996. The majority of the kits
were sold before the slightly-changed version came out in SC.
    About 14,500 in total have been sold. As far as I can tell, the
reason that sales surprised everyone was because of the internet, and
lots of techs talking about it on newsgroups and discussion forums etc.

     Yeah, most of them have been sold outside Aust. A company in Canada
[http://www.flippers.com ] buys them in bulk and re-sells them, which has
helped to keep sales moving.

     No worries! :)

Rgds
Bob

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

That number would come from the number of Z8's you've burned, eh? That
should qualify you for a Zilog factory  sponsored dinner at least!

That would be me and my little shop - not that we've bought/sold most
of the kits, but a reasonable percentage, have come through our
doors... great kit made by a great guy! We hope to continue with them
as long as there is interest.

Yeah, but do try and get some sleep! Often up to 3AM (or worse)
answering emails... gotta get you hitched!

John ;-#)#
--
  (Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)  John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9      Call

    Hackers 'burn' programmable devices, technicians *program* them!
    If you want to see a chip getting burned, look at
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bobpar/picoxy.jpg

    Might be a bit late for that.... :-)

Bob

Re: Latest DSE ESR meter & TENS kits price change

Picky, PICy...

(ducking)