Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST. - Page 2

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.
On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 19:36:34 +1100, "Rod Speed"

No but the cost savings of online LOCALLY should be considerable
http://goo.gl/Izb6c

As should be online stores

Too lazy?
OK
http://goo.gl/i2t2P
Here it tis
--
Petzl
Forgive spelling English is my 1st & only lingo, except for

Nope, because someone has to pay for the individual
picking of your order and the delivery, stupid.

Nothing like a 30% increase in prices. The main thing you dont get is the
specials.

Yes, they can save the cost of the retail store etc, but many of them have those
as well.

Nope. I've got enough of a clue to realise that just because
some fool claims something doesnt make it gospel, stupid.

Yawn.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%

While I doubt that it is practical, and might not be legal, and still
wouldn't get around the other problems of massive rents, wages,
government and council charges associated with having a fixed premises
here:

They could set it up so you could order in-store, or via the company's
website and get the goods sent direct to the consumer from OS - or
shipped to the nearest store of your choice.
I'm sure that consumer would put up with the wait, to get the better
price, as they already seem happy to do so via Ebay etc.

(Note that to make this viable, the retailer might have to set up
their own "shipping service" to move this volume of individual
packages in bulk into the country economically as to send a single
shipment, compared to the same shipment broken up to different
addresses and people, it would likely be expensive to post every
individual order via post, Fedex TNT etc unless they got a massive
discount for volume.)

I still have my doubts as to whether it would be worthwhile though
with the pathological greed that seems to exist in much of the retail
industry in this country

If this sort of thing ever happened, it would be another nail in the
coffin of local manufacturers / suppliers as being in the country,
they cannot avoid Australian GST on items they sell, unless they are
under $70,000 PA turnover, at which point it would be a backyard
operation, probably of speciality or custom items, that wouldn't be
sold through chain stores to start with.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.

Jeeze, you'd wan't nerves of steel or a blessing from the Pope to buy a
wide screen TV through the net.

How many parcels do you get  that haven't been scrunched.

I recon they drop kick the stuff into the delivery van.

No bloody way.

--

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.

Why would I buy from Myer when I can buy from a reputable HK-based store
that charges half as much?

No bet.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%

Best thing to do would be to buy zero from the retailers that are
pushing for this, write to them and tell them why.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.

They'll just yawn, because not enough to matter will do that.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%

Agree.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.

He he. Maybe we will see Harvey Norman couriers and shipping soon, where
the real profits are in shipping the stuff around!

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.

Nope, the real money is in currency exchange. More profit for less work.

MrT.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.

You'd have to give some pretty interesting odds....

Now and again someone's .sig is interesting.

I have decided that effects pedals are VASTLY over priced.

$250-450 for an overdrive circuit for example
I can get hold of the circuit schematics and the list of bits
required.
Turning that into a PCB has me stumped.  Haven't been fiddling
with lecky kits since age 12.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mark Addinall.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoid GST.
level playing field. We will take jobs
it's a bloody shame.
China that takes orders from Australian
online stores.
fashion.
month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
http://stores.ebay.com.au/vfmaudio

http://stores.ebay.com.au/vfmaudiofm are at Springwood and pretty decent
on prices and quality , no kits but take a look ayway

--

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoidGST.
month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
This store does not exist, according to ebay.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoidGST.
month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
course it does n, maybe you fsked the link up

  it certainly exists in reality

--

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoidGST.
month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
Just clicked on it came up does not exist.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoidGST.
month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
Just tried in IE still does not exist. May be tpg is censoring me?

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoidGST.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/vfmaudio

this worked for me.

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoidGST.

That one does but not the one ending in fm

Re: Large Australian Companies to sell direct from China to avoidGST.

month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

I just clicked on the VFMAUDIO one not the one with FM on the end, it worked

Site Timeline