laptop surges mains - Page 2

Re: laptop surges mains

Seems that you're a 'pig ignorant clown' also then (as well as rude and
obnoxious) since I just checked the PB and they're 20a

Re: laptop surges mains

Maybe Phil Allison has a sock-puppet ?

geoff

Re: laptop surges mains

Nah, these are two different people.

--
?? 100% natural

Re: laptop surges mains
Philthys had so many people massage his prostrate he is a socked puppet

--

Re: laptop surges mains

Oh shut up you poofter.

Re: laptop surges mains
In NSW AUSTRALIA it may be 15 or 16 even 20a on a  circuit of 10 amp GPOs

Re: laptop surges mains

Just checked the "fuse" box. 10 amps for lighting and 20 amps each for the 2
power circuits.
Located in Qld.

Re: laptop surges mains

Or 25A or 32A (or even 40A) according to AS3000:2007 table C8 depending
upon cable rating.

Circuit breaker is there to protect the fixed wiring from overheating,
and rating is determined by cable size, cable installation method (ie
temperature rise), and voltage drop considerations. The circuit breaker
in the switchboard is not designed to protect the appliance connected to
a socket outlet.

Re: laptop surges mains

That?s true of all faults.

Its possible, but unlikely.

Re: laptop surges mains

The power supply "line-lump" is probably faulty. Leave it, or just the
'cord' in you hot car is unlikey to be the cause. More often than not they
get roasting hot just by themselves, especially when powering a running
laptop with the battery demanding charging.

geoff

Re: laptop surges mains

Yes.

None of mine do.

Ditto.

Re: laptop surges mains

I've had 4 that do, and none that don't. HP/Compaq and Toshiba  Not all the
time, just when running on power when battery is low.

geoff

Re: laptop surges mains

Don?t believe it given that none of those of mine get anything like that
hot.

Still complete and utter drivel.

You can't even manage a consistent line in mindless bullshit on that last.

Re: laptop surges mains
Got two Toshibas that run their power supplies hot when running AND
charging. One is a humble old L300 with a 2 GHz Celeron, the other is a
Qosmio with 2 HDDs and a Core 2 Duo processor. I have developed a habit
of suspending the power supply brick so that it is entirely surrounded
by air flow. That keeps it noticeably cooler tha if it's laying on the
table or the floor.

--

Krypsis

Re: laptop surges mains

Naa, you are imagining it. The guy on speed tells us such.

geoff

Re: laptop surges mains

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying to your teeth now.

Re: laptop surges mains

Do as previous posters have already suggested.

Section isolate:

Plug the cord in.
Does it trip?
Plug the cord and power supply in.
Does it trip?

If yes, then you have isolated your problem.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: laptop surges mains

"Chris Read"

** I take it the power cord is 3 core ?

If so, the earth ad neutral conductors have come into contact inside.

That with trip the ELCB instantly, every time you plug the cord into an AC
outlet.

....   Phil

Site Timeline