laptop charger compatibility

Tried googling this, everyones just trying to flog stuff.

I'm stuck at home with a Dell Latitude D610 with the battery running low and the charger elsewhere. What are the odds that other makes of laptop charger would work / not result in damage to the machine?

Reply to
Bruce Varley

**Bit risky IMO. Dell tend to use a three terminal connection for their power supplies (the other guys tend to use a two terminal connection). At least that's what I've seen. You could try WES. They sell 'em for not too much. Alternatively, I can load you one if you're desperate. I have a Dell pappy that doesn't see much use, so I can do without the PSU for a few months.
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

Thanks, in fact it's just a matter of driving 40 mins in to work and picking it up. At home with the flu, was hoping to avoid the exertion.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Get work to send it to you by courier.

Sylvia.