laptop charger compatibility

Tried googling this, everyones just trying to flog stuff.

I'm stuck at home with a Dell Latitude D610 with the battery running low and
the charger elsewhere. What are the odds that other makes of laptop charger
would work / not result in damage to the machine?

Re: laptop charger compatibility

**Bit risky IMO. Dell tend to use a three terminal connection for their
power supplies (the other guys tend to use a two terminal connection).
At least that's what I've seen. You could try WES. They sell 'em for not
too much. Alternatively, I can load you one if you're desperate. I have
a Dell pappy that doesn't see much use, so I can do without the PSU for
a few months.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: laptop charger compatibility

Thanks, in fact it's just a matter of driving 40 mins in to work and picking
it up. At home with the flu, was hoping to avoid the exertion.

Re: laptop charger compatibility

Get work to send it to you by courier.

Sylvia.

Site Timeline