laptop battery packs

Has anyone played with the inverters/charge controllers in laptop battery packs? Battery packs can be given new life by changing the cells, but I'm more interested in the sophisticated charger, inverter thats inside the battery pack. Have a few of them on my workbench now.

cheers!

Reply to
tuppy

If you want to know more about how they work, data sheets for typical charger chips are a good place to start, like this one:

If you think you might be able to improve on the performance of them, the answer is most likely no.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones