Laboratory power supply MP-3087 and others: Opinions

I am considering purchasing Jaycar's MP-3087 (0 to 32VDC Dual Output, Dual Tracking Laboratory Power Supply) and wonder if anybody is using this unit and how it performs.

I am also interested to know of any alternatives in the < $1K mark.

Ricky

Reply to
H. M.

Emona,

have a good range of cheap through professional lab supplies.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Alf Katz

Have not played with it myself, but looks OK, but I know someone who has tested it and said it does not overshoot at power on. Don't know about dynamic load regulation. The current control is linear, not log unfortunately. I'd prefer a 10 turn pot personally, but it does have a fine adjust control which I believe has a 3V range.

A lot cheaper wholesale through Electus, $255, at that price the value is almost impossible to beat. Buy 4 of them for your 1K, you can never have too many supplies!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones