Laboratory power supply MP-3087 and others: Opinions

I am considering purchasing Jaycar's MP-3087 (0 to 32VDC Dual Output,
Dual Tracking Laboratory Power Supply) and wonder if anybody is using
this unit and how it performs.

I am also interested to know of any alternatives in the < $1K mark.

Ricky

Re: Laboratory power supply MP-3087 and others: Opinions

Emona,
    www.emona.com.au have a good range of cheap through professional lab
supplies.

Cheers,
Alf

Re: Laboratory power supply MP-3087 and others: Opinions

Have not played with it myself, but looks OK, but I know someone who
has tested it and said it does not overshoot at power on. Don't know
about dynamic load regulation.
The current control is linear, not log unfortunately.
I'd prefer a 10 turn pot personally, but it does have a fine adjust
control which I believe has a 3V range.

A lot cheaper wholesale through Electus, $255, at that price the value
is almost impossible to beat.
Buy 4 of them for your 1K, you can never have too many supplies!

Dave :)

Site Timeline