Labor is back in

and for those interested in politics, Labor is back.

Cheers Don...

=================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Labor is back in

Maybe. Until all the seats are declared I would not be so sure.

In any case, we will not know until the first no confidence vote call
which can not happen until parliament resumes in November.

Re: Labor is back in

More fool you, none will change now unless there is another legal challenge that
affects the result and thats unlikely.

There's unlikely to be one soon, because the 'independants' have a problem
funding a new election.

Its more likely to come unstuck with something like one of the current members
ending up dead etc.

Re: Labor is back in

Will she or will she not have them all out walking and doing a circuit of
the lake before breakfast to try and stave that off.

Then again, they might win the bye election.

Re: Labor is back in

Not a chance, even the Dud couldnt even get them to visit their local
school in person or piss in some 'homeless' person's pocket just once.

Not a hope in hell. No govt ever does in that situation.

Re: Labor is back in

ending up dead etc.
The way you worded that, sounds like you are predicting
someone might wind up dead through reasons other than
natural causes. Any predictions on what seats may require a
by-election? Lyne and/or New England perhaps?

What is the difference between a duck?

Re: Labor is back in

members ending up dead etc.

dead through reasons other than natural

Nar it wasnt meant that way. I just realise that we have had
quite a few pollys die in office, like that fools that shagged
himself to death quite literally or just resign due to ill health etc.

We've seen a few attempted suicides too.

We've also seen quite a few just give up on politics too,
tho presumably they'd be more reluctant to do that with
the numbers so tight.

Its impossible to predict who will die of natural causes.

Even the ones that get plenty of excercise etc and drop dead pretty
spectacularly.

I'm hopeless at predicting who might die of cancer or a heart attack etc.

I didnt predict either of the most recent suicide attempts either.

Re: Labor is back in

Well Roddles show them how to do it properly, afterall you know
everything......

Re: Labor is back in

I would tend to agree with these 3 points.

It also might not just be the independents that have trouble funding
another election campaign either.

The "dead" thinghy could really throw a spanner in the works.

Re: Labor is back in

Sure, they clearly are revelling in the power they currently have and
would prefer not to risk losing that power. Its hard to say what the
voters would do in a quick election right now hung parliament wise.

Yeah, cept that it could just as easily be a coalition corpse.

Re: Labor is back in

Just for a very short time
it will be impossible for them to govern

--

Re: Labor is back in

So, when given the toss of the ball, will Tony be wise or silly?

Re: Labor is back in

what exactly are you asking ?

--

Re: Labor is back in

I was sort of disappointed with the way Tony Windsor based his decision
finally on the NBN . .

Does that mean every farmer in his electorate will be visited by a thin
blue fibre optic cable?

On the otherhand, it's better for the Libs to wait, as IMO Julia has got
the poisoned chalice.

Re: Labor is back in

Silly bloody thing to base the decision on
although they were correct if the libs had taken this decision a few
months and they would go for gold
  now its a matter when labouring grabs failure with both hands

--

Re: Labor is back in

finally on the NBN . .

He didnt, that was just the usual polical bullshit for why he did what he did.

fibre optic cable?

Nope, he has already said that even the smaller hamlets wont get the NBN and
shouldnt.

poisoned chalice.

We'll see...

Re: Labor is back in

Don't count your megabits yet, I doubt it will ever get finished.
The NBN will also be back on the agenda at the next election.
By the time Australia Jumps to Fibre everywhere, the rest of the
world will be using sub-space relays.

Re: Labor is back in

and found a source of infinite energy....

Re: Labor is back in

I'll have my patent on Zero Point Modules by then. Up the ZPM !!!!!!!!!

Re: Labor is back in

Bet it is.

It will be too late to cancel it then.

using sub-space relays.