kinda OT - alcohol wipes

ok, i know there's more than a few of us who get sick of cleaning things
with either a tissue and bottled isopropyl alcohol, or those crappy little
alcowipes that seem to leave fibres on anything and everything.

baby-wipe size but with iso alcohol would be perfect for cleaning screens
etc, i'll keep the small ones for cleaning the rubber off remote control
pads when the buttons stop working.
Least they're cheap, last box of alcowipes cost me $6.50 for 200.

anyone have a viable alternative? expensive "re-usable" cloths are useless
because they pick up too much dust and crud that's been sitting inside
things for years, and you can never wash it all out.

Preferably medical-grade and sterilised, on the odd occasion I slice myself
open and use one for disinfecting the cut.

-mark

Re: kinda OT - alcohol wipes

myself

I was at the Royal Childrens hospital last week and they had some great
disposible wipes, that you just added water to, to use them as wet wipes.
They where soft but stronger then tissue and woven with holes about 1mm
square in them.  I didn't take a close look after use to see if they left
any fibres behind, but I thought they would of been cheap and handy around
the home.  Unfortunatly I forgot to pick up a name.

Shaun

Re: kinda OT - alcohol wipes

Rediwipes? Readywipes? Something like that... I had a box once for
medical use, they certainly do their job well. Most pharmacists would
be happy to help you.

Re: kinda OT - alcohol wipes

The ones that come in the Royal Flying Doctor Service first aid kits
are excellent... no doubt there's a city based supplier somewhere.

(The last ones I used were out of date, so no lives were lost.)  :)

--
John H

Re: kinda OT - alcohol wipes

I've got literally hundreds of the little ones you get in first aid kits.
3.25 cents each.

-mark

Site Timeline