kinda OT - alcohol wipes

ok, i know there's more than a few of us who get sick of cleaning things with either a tissue and bottled isopropyl alcohol, or those crappy little alcowipes that seem to leave fibres on anything and everything.

baby-wipe size but with iso alcohol would be perfect for cleaning screens etc, i'll keep the small ones for cleaning the rubber off remote control pads when the buttons stop working. Least they're cheap, last box of alcowipes cost me $6.50 for 200.

anyone have a viable alternative? expensive "re-usable" cloths are useless because they pick up too much dust and crud that's been sitting inside things for years, and you can never wash it all out.

Preferably medical-grade and sterilised, on the odd occasion I slice myself open and use one for disinfecting the cut.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

myself

I was at the Royal Childrens hospital last week and they had some great disposible wipes, that you just added water to, to use them as wet wipes. They where soft but stronger then tissue and woven with holes about 1mm square in them. I didn't take a close look after use to see if they left any fibres behind, but I thought they would of been cheap and handy around the home. Unfortunatly I forgot to pick up a name.

Shaun

Reply to
shauncook

The ones that come in the Royal Flying Doctor Service first aid kits are excellent... no doubt there's a city based supplier somewhere.

(The last ones I used were out of date, so no lives were lost.) :)

-- John H

Reply to
John_H

I've got literally hundreds of the little ones you get in first aid kits.

3.25 cents each.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

Rediwipes? Readywipes? Something like that... I had a box once for medical use, they certainly do their job well. Most pharmacists would be happy to help you.

Reply to
sempak