Kenwood N.B. circuit.- Please expliain!

Greetings group.

Could someone please explain the function of the N.B. circuit button
on a Kenwood stereo.

I have a customer who believes it resets the stereo
after it has been moved, because the stereo will not
work until this button has been pressed.

I have not seen this happen myself.

I think it has something to do with controlling the sound.

Thanks,
Russell.

Re: Kenwood N.B. circuit.- Please expliain!

What model? Normally a 'NB' button is a noise blanker - it's possible that
it may be cutting out all sound, but 'that depends'.

More info needed.

Ken

Re: Kenwood N.B. circuit.- Please expliain!

Thanks for the reply Ken.
I don't have the model number at the moment.

I think he told me there was not even sound from the CD player.

The system was given to him recently and he does not have the
instructions.

When he brought it to me to repair, it worked fine as soon
as it was turned on.

He took it home and it did not work until the N.B. button
was pressed.
He says an error message was in the display, but I don't know what it
was.

Russell.

Re: Kenwood N.B. circuit.- Please expliain!

Does it have a radio function? The NB (if noise blanker) is associated with
that - it's particular to the radio circuitry and shouldn't affect the rest
of it.

Cheers.

Ken

Re: Kenwood N.B. circuit.- Please expliain!

That is what i think Ken, yes the stereo does have a radio.

Thanks,
Russell.

Site Timeline