just musing

How would you make an as yet legal giant portable zapper capable of causing spark or induction induced trauma to digital fixed speed cameras,or maybee hand held ones for in your face journalist cameras. How much light would it take to damage a ccd ??? (the poms would love such a machine they have been smashing speed cameras in acts of civil disobedience)

Reply to
F Murtz

A few of the old country boys used to use a shotgun. It was more of a momentum induced trauma though, not sure if the speed cameras were digital back in those days either.

I've often contemplated a Tesla-type arrangement atop my tinfoil hat for this purpose.

Too much, IMO. Sadly, I don't think it's feasable.

Cheers, Sam

Reply to
sam

I have heard nuclear weapons are good at breaking electronic things.

Reply to
The Real Andy

"F Murtz"

Although the focal point would probably different from ordinary white light, a reasonably powerful laser - perhaps 20mW might give a CCD the hots. BUT, if you hit the photographer in the eye you'd almost certainly blind him and go to jail where Chopper Reid would poke his penis up your bottom because he's so tough he's allowed to and all the King's prison officers cant stop him...apparently.

Living a boring uneventful life not worth photographing is the best defense.

Dean.

Reply to
Dean

The Poms banned a guy from mounting slave flashes around his number plate which saturated the camera image.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Well, they're bulletproof (I know...) but are probably sensitive to infrared. Place some high intensity IR diodes around (or in) yr numberplates.

Urban legend has it that the Citylink cameras are of sufficiently high res to read the VIN from your windshield. Beware.

-Andrew M

Reply to
Andrew M