just musing

How would you make an as yet legal giant portable zapper capable of
causing spark or induction induced trauma to digital fixed speed
cameras,or maybee hand held ones for in your face journalist cameras.
How much light would it take to damage a ccd ???
  (the poms would love such a machine they have been smashing speed
cameras in acts of civil disobedience)

Re: just musing

A few of the old country boys used to use a shotgun. It was more of a momentum
induced trauma
though, not sure if the speed cameras were digital back in those days either.

I've often contemplated a Tesla-type arrangement atop my tinfoil hat for this
purpose.

Too much, IMO. Sadly, I don't think it's feasable.

Cheers,
Sam

Re: just musing

I have heard nuclear weapons are good at breaking electronic things.

Re: just musing

"F Murtz"

Although the focal point would probably different from ordinary white light,
a reasonably powerful laser - perhaps 20mW might give a CCD the hots. BUT,
if you hit the photographer in the eye you'd almost certainly blind him and
go to jail where Chopper Reid would poke his penis up your bottom because
he's so tough he's allowed to and all the King's prison officers cant stop
him...apparently.

Living a boring uneventful life not worth photographing is the best defense.

Dean.

Re: just musing

The Poms banned a guy from mounting slave flashes around
his number plate which saturated the camera image.

Re: just musing

Well, they're bulletproof (I know...) but are probably sensitive to
infrared. Place some high intensity IR diodes around (or in) yr
numberplates.

Urban legend has it that the Citylink cameras are of sufficiently high
res to read the VIN from your windshield. Beware.

-Andrew M

Site Timeline